ROC Infantry uniform mod

davout3

• Members

I suppose it'd be a worthy thing to have in SB Pro. If anyone plans to make one, I'd be interested in acquiring the rights to distribute it officially. Otherwise I will commission the work internally, but no guarantees as to how soon we can put it in.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I suppose it'd be a worthy thing to have in SB Pro. If anyone plans to make one, I'd be interested in acquiring the rights to distribute it officially. Otherwise I will commission the work internally, but no guarantees as to how soon we can put it in.

Good call Ssnake 😁

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Hi Ssnake,

I tried making the ROC infantry mod a while back, but I could never get it to load in the game. I followed the instructions that were listed in the forum, but I still could not get the mod to work in the game. In any case, here they are in case someone or you can make it work in the game. Thank you!

face2.dds interceptordress.dds US_equipMOLLE.dds

Hi Splash,

That is great! Did you make the mod work or is this from a mod that you have created? If you made the mod work, could you give me instructions on what to do to make it load in the game? If you created the mod, could you post it so that I can get a copy? Thank you!

Yes, I made it using eSim's interceptordress Photoshop template. The camo pattern is what I believe Taiwan's army is currently using. I figured the request was made based on current events, rather than something historical. I created it from an internet-sourced photo of an actual garment. 

I'm not happy yet with my depiction of jungle boots, but after fixing that of course I'll make it available.

Using modded infantry skins is generally pretty simple in SB: You place your file(s) in the chosen nation's "camo" mod folder, then, using the Mission Editor, make sure that nation is the desired party in your sce. It gets a little more complicated when SB does not feature the nation you want to represent. That's the case here; there is no mod folder for Taiwan/Republic of China, so you'd have to use a proxy nation. That might sooner or later change, based on Ssnake's inference in his post above. (Would be interesting to see how that plays out, considering the dim view China takes to even the suggestion that Taiwan might be a nation.)

The screenshot was taken using South Korea (KR2000) as the proxy folder, because its interceptor troop model and M4 carbine looked the part. 

Edited by Splash