Vehicle Emplacements and their Problems

Mirzayev
Go to solution Solved by TankHunter,

Two issues discovered through exploratory learning today:

1. Occasionally, vehicle emplacements when set to be deployed anywhere, cannot be moved within the actual mission. It seems that these are usually close to buildings, roads, etc. Had this happen in two separate versions of the same mission, both attached. 

2. Vehicle Emplacements are not saved via the Plan or the Overlay files. This means that you can't emplace them prior to the actual session... which is a big ole waste of everyone's time. 

The_Last_Spartans_Version_2021C.sce The_Last_Spartans_Version_2021B.sce

1) Inability to deploy vehicle emplacements on the roads and in their immediate proximity is an intentional feature

2) As far as I can see, saving  re-positioned  deployable emplacements to map overlay file works Ok during network session(LAN between 2 computers). Here is one not quite obvious catch- updated positions of deployable emplacements  must be saved to overlay file by  participant, who performed  this move; e.g. if host moves some emplacements, and client- some other emplacements, then  only emplacements moved by the host would be saved to map overlay file created by host, while to store updated positions of  emplacements  moved by client, this client must save own overlay file.

I think we are talking past each other.

1. Attempt is NOT to deploy them on roads and in their immediate proximity. Idea is to be able to move them if saved as deployable anywhere in the mission editor. This doesn't work for ALL vehicle emplacements, as seen in the attached scenarios. In both scenarios, several that were saved in the mission editor cannot be moved. All of those are set to deploy anywhere. 

2. Overlays do NOT work with vehicle emplacements when doing this via offline mode. It doesn't move them when saved on offline mode, and it doesn't work with trying to import these into network. I'm gonna assume this isn't a feature. 

Edited by Mirzayev

11 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

2. Overlays do NOT work with vehicle emplacements when doing this via offline mode. It doesn't move them when saved on offline mode, and it doesn't work with network. 

Sorry, but I'm not able reproduce this, for me it works both in offline and online sessions with your scenario. Looks like some critical  details needed for reproduction of the problem are missing.

6 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Sorry, but I'm not able reproduce this, for me it works both in offline and online sessions with your scenario. Looks like some critical  details needed for reproduction of the problem are missing.

Just reproduced it.

SS_17_21_19.thumb.jpg.8aac3632410afbaa0d66480e9a4520db.jpg

Baseline scenario with no graphics and four vehicle emplacements.

SS_17_21_56.thumb.jpg.f1c898f6012c6e3ba480d6d479722090.jpg

Scenario with graphics and moved vehicle emplacements. Overlay is saved.

SS_17_22_43.thumb.jpg.d9ab6c3554205199292bc4856026789c.jpg

Scenario is reopened and overlay is applied. Graphics appear. Vehicle emplacements do not move.

Steel Beasts is running as administrator. I don't know if that'll affect it. 

Scenario and overlay is attached.

Vehicle Emplacement Test.mrk Vehicle Emplacement Test.sce

As regards #1, it is probably a good idea for the mission designer to avoid placing the movable fortifications on roads. SB keeps you from moving them onto the roads in the planning phase and evidently the behavior prevents you from selecting them and moving them off of the roads if the mission maker placed them on roads. A solution to this is to be careful in placing them as a mission maker.

I'm investigating #2 also, I seem to be having the same issue as Mirzayev.

2 minutes ago, TankHunter said:

As regards #1, it is probably a good idea for the mission designer to avoid placing the movable fortifications on roads. SB keeps you from moving them onto the roads in the planning phase and evidently the behavior prevents you from selecting them and moving them off of the roads if the mission maker placed them on roads. A solution to this is to be careful in placing them as a mission maker.

I'm investigating #2 also, I seem to be having the same issue as Mirzayev.

Tried #1 again. It doesn't appear to be tied to roads or buildings. It just... randomly happens I guess. 

First of all, it is better not to use mission editor for preparation of plans and overlays, since in test mode you have god-like capabilities and is able to move around non-movable objects. Just like in last test scenario ;)  Emplacements there are have flag 'Deployable in deployment zone' enabled, and obviously they would not be moved to a new location if overlay file is loaded.

5 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

First of all, it is better not to use mission editor for preparation of plans and overlays, since in test mode you have god-like capabilities and is able to move around non-movable objects. Just like in last test scenario ;)  Emplacements there are have flag 'Deployable in deployment zone' enabled, and obviously they would not be moved to a new location if overlay file is loaded.

Loaded with anywhere. As were the ones in the Kanium scenario posted earlier. Same result. 🤷‍♀️

SS_17_58_52.jpg