Humble mission editor suggestion

SippyCup

Having a lot of fun with it but do have a suggestion. If I'm saying stupid things, please forgive me as I'm still diving into this. Also don't take this the wrong way; I understand making changes is easier said than done, that not everyone would even like my suggestions, and my feedback is virtually worthless. I actually thought of a few but only wanted to mention one of the more reasonable ones ;) 

Each event having multiple selections rather than one per AND / OR:

55555.jpg.7d938dd22c7e40031ab2649ec5a43e38.jpg

Basically "A, B, C, D" (or 1-10, whatever)= "OR" and you build a list, which replaces "AND". Whichever list is fulfilled first is what triggers this event.

Also, it would be great if each section was blank and you could build it a custom list. Like this, if I want to select 3 Blue Events for example:

6666.jpg.23a560ab4ffc11c20e0ba624e84a68d1.jpg

Just though this might help to streamline the creation of mission logic by keeping more criteria visible at any one moment. Bear in mind that I only came up with these suggestions because I'm spending so much time enjoying your software and will continue to do so regardless.

Cheers

I play DCS a fair amount but have never bothered with the editor for some reason.

Yeah, it's a bit limited. Of course you can get around it with other conditions (which is what I've been doing) but when you break the logic up like that it can easily lead to oversights. Change one thing and you have to remember everything else downstream... it's a lot to keep track of when it's spread out. Finally got everything ironed out in my current scenario though, as far as I can tell. Trying everything I can think of to break it, timing-wise. Had a few laughs along the way.

• Members

Whatever we do, keeping old content viable is a top priority. The transition to the new terrain engine was in that respect a "worst case scenario" in that we had to provide conversion tools rather than being able to convert on the fly. So, that's supposed to be the extreme case, and it's supposed to be a rare event.

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Unsure how backwards compatible this would be. That is, would its introduction break all the scenarios created under the current system?

I did consider that which is why I didn't mention any other wild ideas. I tentatively assumed (I have a PhD in tentative assumption) there are ways to expand on the editor without breaking it. Just from looking at existing features (drop-down menus, blank fields, even the mechanics of the scoring list) it seems that it would just be more options in the current system. More of a GUI thing than anything. I have every bit of confidence in their ability to do it, the real question is where it would lie on the list of priorities. I imagine at the bottom or not on it at all, and am comfy with that for my $120. ;)

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Whatever we do, keeping old content viable is a top priority. The transition to the new terrain engine was in that respect a "worst case scenario" in that we had to provide conversion tools rather than being able to convert on the fly. So, that's supposed to be the extreme case, and it's supposed to be a rare event.

Yeah, not ideal but if it was a necessary evil it was worth it in my opinion. I agree though, once is enough... but honestly, we're sim players. If we can't be bothered to figure out how to keep up with the basics that's our fault. I had briefly tried converting a map in the past but was in a rush and hadn't even figured out SB's file structure yet. This time around I took the time to look and it was painless.