Placing infantry in ME and movement on mission start of ai

Glock

Hi

Is there a way to place an Infantry squad in a building in the mission editor? 

Ai seem to stay still on mission start, even though I have given them routes.  How do I make them automatically start moving on mission start? 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Glock said:

Hi

Is there a way to place an Infantry squad in a building in the mission editor? 

Ai seem to stay still on mission start, even though I have given them routes.  How do I make them automatically start moving on mission start? 

Thanks 

Are you giving them either "Defend" or "Stay" tactics (refer page 118 of the manual) at the end of the route, which it sounds like is inside the building?

You cant make them start in a building but ai on certain tactics will automatically occupy structures.

It alters how they fill the building, units on guard tactics will stay at the perimeter of buildings.

It can be a little confusing because you have routes and waypoints that both have their own seperate behavior types.

Usually what I do is give the infantry an engage waypoint on the structure and then give them a retreat waypoint or waypoints for them to fall back to if they start taking casulties or encounter a substantial threat.

Edited by Poofydoodle

Also forgot to say at mission start units will embark on the first non conditioned route they have.

After that first waypoint the next route needs a condition to proceed except for march type.

So they will set a defensive position until one routes or route next has a condition. This can be time passing, taking fire, a random number generation etc. When I am making advances I usually tell them to proceed as long as they are not under fire and cannot see at least 1 enemy force. This means they will continue until contact and then proceed no further than the next waypoint.