Land Object Lines Added Land Object Lines (LOL) as configurable objects... Huh???

foxlarry

"Land Object Lines Added Land Object Lines (LOL) as configurable objects. You may compose the LOLs from available elements of the land object palette (trees, boulders, bushes, …) and configure the density of the LOL, then save it as a template, and create these objects in your maps. Is is a very convenient way to line country roads with tree lines, field with hedgerows etc." In short, I can't figure out how to do that. I admit I am dense, and lazy. I've only created one or two unit templates in 20 years of using SB Pro. I think for someone like me. It would be easiest to draw a line that turned into trees or bushes, (not like the original lines provided in the vegetation creation that form irregular lines of vegetation), like I can draw a line to create walls, etc. Also, it would be nice to have a small selection of gates to close walled areas.. Has anyone seen any pipelines or oil refineries lately, or freight trains to put on those lovely railroad tracks?🤔😁 Thanks for your attention folks.

• Members
5 hours ago, foxlarry said:

I think for someone like me. It would be easiest to draw a line that turned into trees or bushes, ... like I can draw a line to create walls, etc.

Exactly, that's the point of them!

It's just that there's this concern that LOLs might create unpassable barriers to AI vehicles (and might not look very natural) if the gaps between trees were exactly the width of tanks, or smaller. So we created the LOLs in a way that you can define how often such gaps will occur so that these are never absolute obstacles to Navmesh-supported routes. Which however requires that you put minor effort into composing these objects. And what started as "Project: Treeline" was then confronted with the question, "why only trees?", so now you can compose them of any land object that the Map Editor knows about - trees, bushes, boulders. You can create them pure, or mixed, and you can define them YOUR way, and save them as templates for future use.

Try it out, you'll love it.