Iron Warrior: T-72 Tank Command

Red2112

This sim Is kind of forgotten by some and by others not, reason why I am posting, and because personally I don´t think It´s a bad sim either.

I recently found a mod (by Castello) and will be trying it out.

The link to the mod Is on the Graviteam forum. It´s In Russian but you can use Google Translate to figure it out.  We are having Initial Impressions/conversations on the mod over at SimHQ which you can follow If you like, and/or just post your thoughts here to help others with the mod or what ever.

Graviteam forum:

https://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12114.0

SimHQ thread:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4589521/m1tp2-v-steel-beasts-gold#Post4589521

For starters It looks a lot better then the original, and there seems to be some good Improvements done to the overall game Including the addition of a M1 Abrams.

Red

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

Not to diminish their work or anything, but why add a Panther A to a game which is set during the Yugoslav Wars of the 90s? Just to add something for the T-34-85 to fight?

I have no Idea! I though about the same thing with regards to the Panther.

@Apocalypse 31

Maybe to play the campaign, or for a change, or for what they can offer later? Besides, people play War Thunder why not play this Instead.

We have what we have In tank sims. If there a slight chance of anything getting better, why not take it. Heck there trying to mod  M1TP2 so why not give the IW T-72 mod a chance too.  Some people still play the moded version of Panzer Elite (I did at a time), there´s people for everything and like I said, we don´t have a ton to choose from either.

😁

Edited by Red2112

This is my video :)

I'm not the developer of this mod, I just made a review.

Panther and Abrams have not been added yet. The developer plans to add them. And the panther appeared like this: someone on the forum asked if it was possible to add a Panther. And since the engine is very old, it was with the panther that difficulties arose. (Too many rollers). The author simply took it as a challenge. :)

sorry for bad english

The modification does not affect the localization files. So with a high probability it will be launched on the international version.

The author provides support in Russian. But I can try to help. Over the weekend I will be able to check the functionality of the mod with the English version, write installation instructions and perhaps a small FAQ.

1 hour ago, zloy.technic said:

The modification does not affect the localization files. So with a high probability it will be launched on the international version.

The author provides support in Russian. But I can try to help. Over the weekend I will be able to check the functionality of the mod with the English version, write installation instructions and perhaps a small FAQ.

That would be great and very much appreciated. Very kind of you, thank you!

On stand-by... 😉

Red

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

I have the Steam version. I Imagen most will have this version as most PC´s don´t even have a CD/DVD drive any more. But one can still find a CD/DVD second hand copy of IW If needed to.

Steam version is fine. I found a bug when installing on it a couple of years ago. Together with the author, we solved the problem :)

it had the benefit of being the first T-72 simulator on the market. and for its time it probably had the best driving simulation of any AFV sim. the gunnery left a few things to be desired tho. and interface was.. confusing to put it mildly.

Edited by dejawolf

17 hours ago, zloy.technic said:

As promised, I made the instruction. English is hard for me, but I try. If you have questions, I will try to answer them.

Gustello mod installation guide.pdf 119.64 kB · 6 downloads

upd. Also, you might want to read the manual. It is located in the "DOCS" folder in the game folder. He is in English :)

Thank you very much. Will be giving it a test soon. The only downside for most Is that some menu options are not In English as you stated. I understand this Is a test build, but hopefully you can sort this out too soon. The more the merrier...

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

Thank you very much. Will be giving it a test soon. The only downside for most Is that some menu options are not In English as you stated. I understand this Is a test build, but hopefully you can sort this out too soon. The more the merrier...

Experimentally, I set that the localization is partially stored in the datapack.cd archive. I don't have an archiver for this type. So you have to wait until the developer makes a fix. In Russian, there are only control settings. The default control is available in the manual. The default controls are very strange, but given that the developer's studio was called "Crazy House" everything is quite logical xD

55 minutes ago, zloy.technic said:

The developer helped solve the problem with pieces of the Russian language. It wasn't the archive. Here is a fix that you can put directly on top of the version that you currently have.

Eng menu fix.rar 8.03 kB · 0 downloads

If you meet any other bugs, write about it here.

Thank you @zloy.technic that´s great. Glad it has been fixed, I´ll pass this on to another forum aswell (SimHQ) so they can use it too. Will do with regards to bugs, again thanks for the help and fixes sure will enjoy this.

Just now, Red2112 said:

The Eng menu fix doesn´t work on my end. I did a clean Install, added the mods and everything else works but the menu when you hit the esc key Is still In Russian, and so are the tank panels.

I forgot to mention I did try to add a new user but still the same no luck with English.

BTW and for the record...

- There´s a CFG (.bat file) In the game directory with which you can set game settings and realism. Make sure you hit the OK button before you close it.

- There´s also a editor to create your own missions. Also found In the main game folder and goes by the name of "missed" which Is also a .bat file.

So you have CFG.bat and missed.bat.

Red-acted

• 2 months later...