4.268 - Recycled wall panels?

Gibsonm

4 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

I'd suggest to check your mods folder. Those are not standard textures delivered with  SB itself, or with map package.

I only have vehicle and pers mods - no building, or terrain ones.

Just checking to see if other participants saw them too.

Edited by Gibsonm

25 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Map packages allow to have texture mods applied directly to them, so it is worthy to check if base package contains anything in _package_name_\actors\textures

I think I understand that.

If I'm right then from this screenshot I don't have an "Actors" folder, let alone a "Textures" one within it:

image.thumb.png.a148c308a064164304246913bd76c6ae.png

As I wrote above- this particular texture is not standard and does not comes with SB or maps included to  our maps installer.  I'm trying to say, that very  likely there is modified sbarn.dds file for Barn2 ID#51  on  your computer, and thing with mods(especially theme-specific mods), that it is very easy to forget about them- I made that mistake several times myself.

Please check contents of following folders for modified  Sbarn.dds:

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland
My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\autumn
_your_maps_directory_\Scania_edited [autocreated base]
\actors\textures

In most extreme case it is worth to check what is going on in Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\woodland and  Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\autumn

...by default there no dedicated 'autumn' or 'desert' versions of sbarn.dds,  while default woodland looks like this:

Sbarn.jpg.4be992f120cfa596d056a80ea2bb3a55.jpg

Yes but you also directed me to the maps package area - hence my reply.

9 hours ago, Jartsev said:

_your_maps_directory_\Scania_edited [autocreated base]\actors\textures

Well again as I've already shown you there is nothing there.

Off to the next stop on the Easter egg hunt.

Edited by Gibsonm

9 hours ago, Jartsev said:

As I wrote above- this particular texture is not standard and does not comes with SB or maps included to  our maps installer.  I'm trying to say, that very  likely there is modified sbarn.dds file for Barn2 ID#51  on  your computer, and thing with mods(especially theme-specific mods), that it is very easy to forget about them- I made that mistake several times myself.

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland
My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\autumn

OK I did find this:

image.thumb.png.5709120e6db283c9aa617287abfb96b1.png

How do I check to see if its been modified? Or does the first sentence::

"As I wrote above- this particular texture is not standard and does not comes with SB or maps included to  our maps installer."

Mean that it shouldn't be there at all and it should be removed?

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

I suppose you could rename it and see if that results in a white barn. If it doesn't, there must be another one somewhere, probably in one of the subdirectories of your Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/mods folder.

Once that you found it, give the original file its name back.

6 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I suppose you could rename it and see if that results in a white barn. If it doesn't, there must be another one somewhere, probably in one of the subdirectories of your Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/mods folder.

That's where the one above is. :)

From the top of the screenshot: C:\Users\mark\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\autumn

My question is there was a comment about checking for a "modified" file as well as "this particular texture is not standard" so I'm trying to find out if I should just remove this if its not meant to be there?

In the meantime, I've renamed it "junk Sbarn" and I'll see what happens when / if I replay this scenario.

Edited by Gibsonm