Editor. Victory condition.

zloy.technic

• Members

Create a Global (nameable) Event first. Then make an Event based score condition. You could even automatically end the scenario if that Event becomes true.

Pages 104, 139 ff. of the user's manual.

(Use the search function in the user's manual PDF to find all entries with "Event" in them, particularly the table of content)

Yes, I understand how to work with conditions. I don't understand how to set such a condition.

Example: there is a mix platoon HQ-01 in a mission. What parameters should be specified in the condition editor so that it would work when HQ-01 is destroyed?

upd.

I made it!

I used check:

Unit [HQ-01] < unit [] strenght + [1]

It was not obvious to me that the:

unit[]

field could be left empty.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by zloy.technic

3 hours ago, zloy.technic said:

Yes, I understand how to work with conditions. I don't understand how to set such a condition.

Example: there is a mix platoon HQ-01 in a mission. What parameters should be specified in the condition editor so that it would work when HQ-01 is destroyed?

upd.

I made it!

I used check:

Unit [HQ-01] < unit [] strenght + [1]

It was not obvious to me that the:

unit[]

field could be left empty.

Thanks for the help!

There's an easier way.

Unit is "destroyed"

5 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Here is a quick video:

I will try to apply it today.

I don't remember how these items are called in Russian localization. But for some reason, I did not come to this option. Although I mastered other, more complex (nested or branching) scripts without problems.

Tnx all for help!

You can also set a time delay so the mission doesnt end the exact second that unit dies as it might be a bit jarring and confusing.

You could set the option that is "after true delay" or something like that for 15 seconds.

Then make an event on the player side that activates on the same condition that has a message that says something like "Objective neutralized, mission complete, return to base." so the player will get a quick message at the bottom of the screen and then the mission will end shortly after so the player knows exactly what happened and that they were successful

14 minutes ago, Poofydoodle said:

You can also set a time delay so the mission doesnt end the exact second that unit dies as it might be a bit jarring and confusing.

You could set the option that is "after true delay" or something like that for 15 seconds.

Then make an event on the player side that activates on the same condition that has a message that says something like "Objective neutralized, mission complete, return to base." so the player will get a quick message at the bottom of the screen and then the mission will end shortly after so the player knows exactly what happened and that they were successful

This is the first thing I did after setting up the kill condition! You're right, it was annoying.