Camp ahab map

mpow66m

• Members

Just don't work with scenarios based on maps that are still in progress. I don't know how they made their way into the internet, but it's clearly not eSim Games intent to support the practice of distributing scenarios based on unpublished map packages.

... Not, that any of the error messages warns about the map packages not being published, I might add. So, if they are published, they are probably not on any of the map servers that you have configured in the Map Transfer Tools. Which would mean to inquire the source of these scenarios about where to find the map packages, and then possibly to add the map server's address to your query list. To do so, open the Map Package Transfer Manager (that Steel Beasts icon with a truck), then click the button for the server configuration:

spacer.png

Next, add a server, once that you know its details:

spacer.png

Click the apply button, and you're done. Next time when you query the map you should find it.

I suspect that the map packages made by Abraxas could be found on the German community's map server. Operating a map server with the innate high data transfer volume is costly. I suspect they would greatly appreciate a donation for the provision of their service.

Excuse me, but why map was uploaded to scenario download section instead of maps downloads? This practise creates a lot potential issues, since in this  case automated download of relevant map is not possible, and even if user is able to find map somehow, he may face significant difficulties with copying it in to correct package folder.

Dear scenario makers, if you made a custom map for your scenario-  please upload this map to maps section!

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Operating a map server with the innate high data transfer volume is costly. I suspect they would greatly appreciate a donation for the provision of their service.

And that's why the german community (Panzerbataillon 911) do not longer host any (large) maps at this moment. The server we used to have was canceled because the fees (aprox. 50 EUR / month) wasn't profitable any longer.
Unfortunately, all (large) map files, also those which were made by Abraxas, no longer exist on our servers.

I highly suggest to use the download section here on steelbeasts.com instead. 

Maybe, we will setup a server again in the (far?) future.