Bug with VEC M1 infantry hatch.

Poofydoodle

Hey guys when testing my scenario nearing completion (i think I am probably one of the most experiened VEC crewmen on the forum now lol) I discovered a bug with the infantry hatch at the rear.

I discovered the vecs rear hatch is openable it just doesnt do it automatically when loading and I often like to have the extra pair of eyes and close in defense when needed.

I took some fire and noticed the rear door open and wasnt sure why but I ended up repairing the vehicle as I was testing out new enemy positions.

A little why later my infantry in the back got shot and killed. This caused the door to open and the second infantryman did not take up position in the open hatch.

I drove like this for awhile and after encountering some infantry up close the second passenger popped out of the vehicle and began hovering in the air in a sitting position. I assume he went to engage and this caused something to completely break.

If someone cant recreate it I will do my best to try to get it to happen again. I took some screenshots but was running late to leave for work so didnt have time to post from my desktop.

Umm... There has been this age old problem in past and possibly still is about all troop carrying vehicles that if you move when loading or unloading it kind of gets jammed and door stays open untill all troops are in or out and not Coming back in.  I suspect this has something to do with that. Especially if the other guy was "revived" by buddy aid or by medic.

Hovering in spot however... I have seen that happen on a truck in multiplayer session. We thought it was because of de-sync

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

Umm... There has been this age old problem in past and possibly still is about all troop carrying vehicles that if you move when loading or unloading it kind of gets jammed and door stays open untill all troops are in or out and not Coming back in.  I suspect this has something to do with that. Especially if the other guy was "revived" by buddy aid or by medic.

Hovering in spot however... I have seen that happen on a truck in multiplayer session. We thought it was because of de-sync

Disrecard. It seems to be fixed now.    So your bug is something else. 

Tried to re-produce, wasn't able to.  I got the door to stay open when I started moving before both guys were inside. But in that case other guy just kept running after Vec "Wait for meeeee style" until it eventually catched up.  and then door closed.   Perhaps this has something about being in combad (where unit is fixated to enemy) that causes the effect you had?  

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

Disrecard. It seems to be fixed now.    So your bug is something else. 

Tried to re-produce, wasn't able to.  I got the door to stay open when I started moving before both guys were inside. But in that case other guy just kept running after Vec "Wait for meeeee style" until it eventually catched up.  and then door closed.   Perhaps this has something about being in combad (where unit is fixated to enemy) that causes the effect you had?  

I wasnt loading or unloading troops. Infact I hadnt loaded or unloaded for s little while. I just used alt+b  I think it id to have the rear man fire from the hatch. Once the guy got shot the vehicle opened the rear loading door and left it open where I could see the second passenger sitting. No one occupied the firing position and eventually he literally just got stuck hovering in place several hundred meters away but the game still considered him mounted.

Ill try to post the screenshots I took later today to help people understand. 😄