Jump to content

Ukranian T72B


daskal
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mpow66m said:

Ukraine doesnt field T 72s?

 

No.

 

They do have some tank manufacturing plants from when it was part of the USSR but they didn't make T-72s, only the T-64 and later T-80 mentioned above.

 

From memory way back the T-34 was designed there (in the Ukraine) at the Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau. I'm pretty sure the same place designed the T-64.

 

Edited by Gibsonm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The reason I'm using this is because we dont have playable T64 or T80 variants in SB. So call it a proxy.

 

And eventually Ukraine might get their hands on a few abandonded T72Bs....

 

Edited by daskal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More than a few,I see farmers towing away BMP,MTLBs and other vechs.They have a brand spanking Pantsir(SP?) untouched.They also captured a TOS.I hear the navy is mutinying,maybe theyll be getting some warships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

...that the Ukrainians don't actually have T-72s in their inventory (except the ones captured over the course of the last week), so it's a substitute for a playable T-80 or T-64.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love internet arguments without references or data.

 

100 T-72A/B, 33 (now 50) T-72AMTs, plus almost 1000 in long-term storage (probably useless).  Only a few captured, most left from Soviet stocks.

 

Source: Military Balance 2021 and Janes 2015

Screenshot 2022-03-03 201131.jpg

Edited by thewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...that the Ukrainians don't actually have T-72s in their inventory (except the ones captured over the course of the last week), so it's a substitute for a playable T-80 or T-64.

Right but we have textures for Ukrainian T-72s in the installer. ¬¬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

I don't get it.. What is wrong with the Ukrainian T-72 in game?

 

Nothing wrong. All of your textures are very good. But there's certainly no harm in someone modding a different camo scheme, is there? I don't think any texture mod is meant as a personal afront to eSim artists. 
 
I must say there's been a lot of vid and pix out of the region over the past months, and, while I'm sure they exist, I haven't seen any UA military equipment in the particular camo scheme offered in SB ... but I've seen a lot of stuff in that blocky pixilated type of scheme @daskal uses for his mod.

 

Same could be said for the TTskO-like infantry camo provided in-game. I don't see that anywhere in contemporary coverage ... but almost exclusively I see the UCP-like digital pattern they've been using at least since 2019. That's why I did one for myself, and I saw @Apocalypse 31 uploaded a version of his own.

 

If setting up a current-events-based .sce or vid, seems logical to want current camo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Right but we have textures for Ukrainian T-72s in the installer. ¬¬

 

I think I get your point - sort of.

 

Well I'm still stuck with the basic version on 4.X because I have an older computer & you don't have UA folder/specific skins in that version. I have noticed that in the latest version you do have ukranian folders etc. probably skins as well. But since I'm with basic v4 I dont.. so I made a mod.

 

And this is a mod btw... I dont get your point of why its an issue of having a skin mod? This is what the mod folder is there for, its completely optional based on users taste.

 

Edited by daskal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, daskal said:

 

I think I get your point - sort of.

 

Well I'm still stuck with the basic version on 4.X because I have an older computer & you don't have UA folder/specific skins in that version. I have noticed that in the latest version you do have ukranian folders etc. probably skins as well. But since I'm with basic v4 I dont.. so I made a mod.

 

And this is a mod btw... I dont get your point of why its an issue of having a skin mod? This is what the mod folder is there for, its completely optional based on users taste.

 

I didn't say or mean to imply there was an issue with a mod. I just wondered what the issue was with the ones we included. If you aren't running the version with them in then it makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DarkAngel said:

I didn't say or mean to imply there was an issue with a mod. I just wondered what the issue was with the ones we included. If you aren't running the version with them in then it makes sense.

Ok, got it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...