Ukranian T72B

daskal

2 hours ago, mpow66m said:

Ukraine doesnt field T 72s?

No.

They do have some tank manufacturing plants from when it was part of the USSR but they didn't make T-72s, only the T-64 and later T-80 mentioned above.

From memory way back the T-34 was designed there (in the Ukraine) at the Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau. I'm pretty sure the same place designed the T-64.

Edited by Gibsonm

The reason I'm using this is because we dont have playable T64 or T80 variants in SB. So call it a proxy.

And eventually Ukraine might get their hands on a few abandonded T72Bs....

Edited by daskal

I love internet arguments without references or data.

100 T-72A/B, 33 (now 50) T-72AMTs, plus almost 1000 in long-term storage (probably useless).  Only a few captured, most left from Soviet stocks.

Source: Military Balance 2021 and Janes 2015

Screenshot 2022-03-03 201131.jpg

Edited by thewood

42 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...that the Ukrainians don't actually have T-72s in their inventory (except the ones captured over the course of the last week), so it's a substitute for a playable T-80 or T-64.

Right but we have textures for Ukrainian T-72s in the installer. ¬¬

9 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Right but we have textures for Ukrainian T-72s in the installer. ¬¬

I think I get your point - sort of.

Well I'm still stuck with the basic version on 4.X because I have an older computer & you don't have UA folder/specific skins in that version. I have noticed that in the latest version you do have ukranian folders etc. probably skins as well. But since I'm with basic v4 I dont.. so I made a mod.

And this is a mod btw... I dont get your point of why its an issue of having a skin mod? This is what the mod folder is there for, its completely optional based on users taste.

Edited by daskal

44 minutes ago, daskal said:

I think I get your point - sort of.

Well I'm still stuck with the basic version on 4.X because I have an older computer & you don't have UA folder/specific skins in that version. I have noticed that in the latest version you do have ukranian folders etc. probably skins as well. But since I'm with basic v4 I dont.. so I made a mod.

And this is a mod btw... I dont get your point of why its an issue of having a skin mod? This is what the mod folder is there for, its completely optional based on users taste.

I didn't say or mean to imply there was an issue with a mod. I just wondered what the issue was with the ones we included. If you aren't running the version with them in then it makes sense.

1 hour ago, DarkAngel said:

I didn't say or mean to imply there was an issue with a mod. I just wondered what the issue was with the ones we included. If you aren't running the version with them in then it makes sense.

Ok, got it!