Casual multicrew games with Saber - Topic

This topic is to announce open (for everyone) Team Saber games as those come

Currendly often on Adhoc basis with little warning or briefing. But expect these games usually on (every other) Saturdays at roughly time 16:00 GMT

Intended missions are small size (around platoon) and no larger than a company at best. Planned duration for missions is around 1 hour  (2 hours being max limit) 

For now we will be using Kanium Teamspeack and in turn when possible reinforce their games with our presense.  So for now ->  Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

Next event:  - Probably on next saturday. There may be changes coming.

About team Saber: 

1417528819_TeamSabericon1.png.16607d76b5cf3e32586a5dc9eb1d86c7.png

Team Saber ”Europe evening / America morning”

Group of wannabe AFV crews

Usually active in European evenings and weekends (Fri-Sat). Regular gaming day Saturday evening. 

Were usually most active UTC (GMT) time:

Monday-friday 14:00 - 17:00 (19:00

Saturday and Sunday  3:00 - 7:00  and  11:00 - 17:00  (On Fri / Sat occasionally even up to 19:00)

Team Saber is focused on Multicrew and Small missions where the largest AI unit on your control would be a platoon.

In missions we play, our aim is that commanders would be able to guide their units without leaving the commander's seat.

Having NO need to jump from unit to unit constantly to get things done.

• That commander can use commands to his platoon by a verbal order or at very least pressing a key

Multicrew is our focus and what Team Saber is about.

AI on games is limited on what it can do, while crew members can support each other in so many ways.

When the crew / platoon binds together, they become a unit.  A multi brain / sensor entity.

On top of all this crewmembers are such a high morale boost to each other that problems and difficulties matter less. 

And when the shit is done, it is good to go and have time together and chill and joke about.  “Do you remember when”

That is what Team Saber is about we are a team.  It is what we thrive to do to become. What we are recruiting for.

Steelbeast is our main though not only platform for doing that. 

We are a group of friends.

What else could we be?

To sit on a tin can taking hit’s and doing our worst to respond in kind.  

Team Saber is about Freedom. You don't need to join to play with us. In a sense, Team saber is just as name says a Team.   

At our best we reinforce other groups as Team of members who want to play in same vehicle, same platoon or perhaps one day... same company

And when you play with us as result, there is good change that we will contact you and ask if you would want to join us for more.

To join:

you don't need to sign anything. Merely that you contact @Lumituisku ( on discord Lumi#1215 ) 

So that we get to chat casually to get a feeling of you and ask from our group if someone has concerns about you joining, before we invite you to our Discord server.

We prioritize the health of our group over numbers of members. We do not have an exact age restriction but we are unlikely to accept or tolerate people who behave immaturely.

We don't require participation or activity and we don’t limit what our members do or where. Whether they prioritize playing other games or Steel Beast with other groups instead. 

We do not accept strife or bullying inside a group. Whoever is first observed to do so in our group, Will Be dealt with.  We do not have laws written to stone but we use common sense and fairness in our leadership.

Edited by Lumituisku
2.5.2022 update

Games:

• Coming: 
  1. - 07.05.2022 - Unknown but likely something small this time.  Details even day for mission may change. 
  2.  - Unsure at this point.

Edited by Lumituisku
02.05.2022 - update

Casual adhoc game this saturday 5th of March  likely around regular time  16:00 GMT - Most likely on Kanium teamspeak as usual for public games for now. 

With high likehood were going to play something this saturday, however at this point it is not clear what or exatly when.

We have members who would like a later time at around 19 GMT, and yet some who would prefer older time slot of 16 GMT.  

@Maic @Commissar_Martin have experessed interest to come.  But Ghostboat is unable to come this time.  

Edited by Lumituisku
had written wrong day >.< saturday is 5 th not 6th. Sorry

No issues w/ the scenario design BUT we did all get whacked pretty early (so maybe we didn't really have time to find any bugs).  More of inexperience working together as multicrew and as platoon than an issue w/ the scenario.  Playing single-player, the amount of woods is hard on AI drivers.  That is the nature of terrain sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Any feedback on TS #5? Any bugs that you encountered or quality of life suggestions?

Hi @Apocalypse 31. I am sorry for not replying earlier to your Discord message. I sort of forgot... and been rather... absend minded and then having need to scramble up in a hurry.   I am intending to write you full replies to all scenarios.  I already wrote one feedback for first mission. 

• On this fift one we didn't notice anything major besides that friendly forces didn't advance at all like on first mission.   That was a bummer, since we faced, I suppose.. worst difficulty because it wasn't a campaign. (then again we kind of wanted to, so no real problem there.) 

• Besides that..  there was problem that on Truck missions..  3 and 4  the terrain themes are horrible for trucks..   making woods practically impassable for trucks.  Perhaps on purpose, maybe not.   Also there was no mention of enemy trucks patrolling about, so those came as awfull surprice. 

Oh..  also I think missions didn't have list of what types or how much indirect fires we have at our disposal? 

On top of these I would suggest following, unless those are there already.  - 

• To have "Friendly ID"  for all missions.    To me it equals  text or number written on tank.  :)   
  • Ground moisture to 6% or larger.    8  bein slight movement dust and shooting dust.   And   11 being almost  no dust.  Even from firing.   -  I really hate excessive dust that blocks one from observing hits.     (I haven't noticed dust to be problem on your missions, or atleast I don't remember it being so.  Then again.. modern equipment.)  

4 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

friendly forces didn't advance at all like on first mission

Fixed. 

Also there was no mention of enemy trucks patrolling about

fixed

To have "Friendly ID"  for all missions.    To me it equals  text or number written on tank

I agree. I thought it was on for all, I will re-check. 

6 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

also I think missions didn't have list of what types or how much indirect fires we have at our disposal

It's in the mission briefing. PARA 3, Fires.

Thanks for the feedback.

@Apocalypse 31 Wonderful.  Awesome work with these missions. 1,2  and 5 are  Totally worth 5 stars.   

Perhaps not the Truck ones 3 and 4..  but I will give those re try on my own one day xD     Not that well fitting for MP session.  (especially multicrew because commander position is...  nearly worthless.)  

2 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

@Apocalypse 31 Wonderful.  Awesome work with these missions. 1,2  and 5 are  Totally worth 5 stars.   

Perhaps not the Truck ones 3 and 4..  but I will give those re try on my own one day xD     Not that well fitting for MP session.  (especially multicrew because commander position is...  nearly worthless.)  

Yeah. It was all designed for Single Player, but I am considering re-looking those missions. I may replace those MB's with the newer VAMTAC. It has better survivability. 

5 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Yeah. It was all designed for Single Player, but I am considering re-looking those missions. I may replace those MB's with the newer VAMTAC. It has better survivability. 

Not sure about that survivability part..  In my books. Taking sabot round on face is pretty epic.  xD   

Head's up. We are going to play something at Saturday 19th  12th!, at regular time.   16:00 GMT  ( 11:00 eastern US ) 

Currendly I am planning that we would play old Platoon sized ( 4x leopards )  mission from Zipuli named as "Bad Santa" That I have updated and made to work (perhaps too well)   I will do a better post of it to this topic later. 

Please notice that this mission is about 1 hour mission, and may take slightly longer due custom map I have saved from original pre4.1 scenario.  I will likely look for alternative back up mission for just in case if that turns to be too much problem.

Edited by Lumituisku
Sorry I had wrong day marked for mission! >.<

Awesome.  Okay heres the mission details for coming mission.

Saturday 19th 12th, at regular time.   16:00 GMT  ( 11:00 eastern US ) https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Casual+multicrew+with+Saber&iso=20220312T16&p1=%3A&ah=1&am=30

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

Bad_santa_small.jpg

Scenario:  Bad Santa ogirinally by @Zipuli 

I have updated to work on current version, and done some modifications. 

bad_santa_cover.jpg

Bad_santa_map.jpg

Bad_santa_large.jpg

Edited by Lumituisku
Had wrong day marked for mission. >.< this was supposed to be 12th not 19th! sorry!

Okay. Because mission is on custom map and I have not yet contacted @Sean about map uploads. I give you guys link to these delta maps  that are "Stolen snips" from @Zipuli original maps that i do not own or have access to.  

Due to these being only scenario sized "Deltas" I worry that these are noth worthwile to upload to server either.

To play only needed delta map is  FAKE_EASTFIN2  

I have included all the deltas I have from Sweden1 [autocreated base]  to this folder, that those who want can access them too for possible later use.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19Vk6EssuyAm4THvR6h8imKFNJcOe2Dce?usp=sharing

To get map working.  Download atleast FAKE_EASTFIN2 and move it to following folder  in location where you have installed maps if not C drive. 

->  C: \ ProgramData \ eSim Games \ Steel Beasts \ maps \ packages \ sweden1 [autocreated base] \ deltas

Any questions of problems about this. Do not hesitate to contact me.  (Discord is fastest way.)  

-----------------

I anticipate people want access to scenarios for these maps. So here is. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z54eD31ag0N2o2XxHfsLUGMTfDPgYPl-?usp=sharing

Note..  these are still  WIP and not mine. All these are originally from @Zipuli.  There are problems I have not been able to solve or things I should change. But all these should be "playable" to some level.  So there may be stuff that doesn't work. 

Edited by Lumituisku

Hey gyus and especially @JAG-11A I had marked wrong day for the mission.  It was supposed to be today not 19th. My head was in wrong day mode for some reason. <.<    We played Zipulis Bad Santa mission today. And it was a wonderful success for once.  

Hedgehog played with us and recommended us to play one of his mission, to what I agreed so on saturday 19th we will most likely play his Operation Muppet.  :)   Platoon of Shotcall's and infantry.