Casual multicrew games with Saber - Topic

Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077   

Please visit calendar link and looks at top left to click one of options "Going, maybe or Decline"   It helps me a lot for planning what mission to choose. :) 

Coming:

@Lumituisku

@Hedgehog 

@JAG-11A

@Maximiliano Caceres (New player)

@bloodycut

@Lusik

EvilFox

Maybe:

@Higgs

@Assassin 7

@Major duck

@Maic

Cannot come: 

Edited by Lumituisku

Casual Multicrew on this saturday (16th) as usual.   

This event will last aproximately 1hour  +/-  30min

Regular time.  15 GMT     https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Where - Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077   

I have been contacted by Maic and Hedgehog that they have missions somewhat ready. But to my understanding those still need some tuning. So I am thinking that we will play something older this weeked.

Currently I am planning that we would play yet one more mission from Zipuli to get those done with xD  This time Niinisalo version of platoon in attact. After that I think we will start having more interesting missions. 

However this is not sure at the moment so bear with me.    Also I will likely tune the mission a little bit to have slightly more vehicles in there just in case.

Coming:  @Lumituisku @Hedgehog

Maybe: 

Cannot come: @Maic @JAG-11A @Higgs @Gibsonm

Being listed here is mere sign that you have shown interest to this / these type events at this particular day / time / generally. In long term it helps me to plan, and those who are interested to see who was there / may know more about these events. (If you do not want to be Hastagged or listed here let me know someway and you wont.)

If you have no interest to join this or future events, please don't bother notifying me that you cannot come - because that gives false signal of pontetial interest.

Edited by Lumituisku

Hi guys. I am sorry but this saturdays mission is yet undecided.  There are quite few options to go with.  So we will see.  I think I will pick based on how many let me know they are coming.

You can sign in here or just drop message to this topic.

Coming: @Lumituisku @Commissar_Martin @Hedgehog @Maic 

Maybe:

Cannot come:  @JAG-11A  @Alika

Edited by Lumituisku

Alright gentlemen. I have decided that coming Saturday we will play this old mission that comes with Steelbeast (multiplayer folder).

unknown.png

This will hopefully be a shorter one and we don't need too many to play this one.  And also this will be good practice for M60A3 TTS  before next weeks mission from Hedgehog!  

M60A3 TTS tutorial here https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M60A3_(TTS) 

Commanders please note how to use Battlerange! https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M60A3_(TTS)#Battlerange

Gunners please not the keylisting and especially key V = Stabilization toggle  https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M60A3_(TTS)#Key_listing_for_M60A3_gunner's_position

For everyone it would be most helpful if you will get accustumoned how to switch between different sight views because this tank is littered with different options. 😵

Here is Chieftains helpful video about M60A3 TTS switchology for those who are interested.  https://youtu.be/PW0uRHKzXhM

unknown.png

THE MISSION!           -   almost forgot xD  

We are to take objective dragon!  Naturally, can't be anything too hard. It's just a dragon. Right?  :D  

unknown.png

unknown.png

(Original mission doesn't have map updates so Ill edit it so that blue force will have friendly map updates >.<   Too masochistic othervise. )  

Okay heres the manning list to:

Saturday, 30 April  - OP_Samovar  

Mission details (same as on calendar post):

Spoiler

OP_Samovar_summary.jpg

OP_Samovar_Map.jpg

OP_Samovar_Briefing.jpg

OP_Samovar_Briefing_2.jpg

Manning list:

Coming: @Lumituisku Any pos, @Commissar_Martin Any pos, @Hedgehog (wingman),  @Near Peer Simulations (Gunner or driver), @Lusik Any pos, @Yamas Gunner

Maybe: Ghost (wingman),

Cannot come:  Maic, Mirzayev, Crow, JAG, Higgs

----------------------------------

Vehicles:

Primary: First to be manned

• 1B - Tank plt - M60A3 TTS - Blind! (+Thermal, Dynamic lead are disabled) [(KE) 16/14, (HEAT) 12/10 , (HESH) 4/4, (WP) 2/1] 
    • 1/1/B - Plt leader:    
      • Gunner: 
      • Driver
    • 3/1/B - 1's wingman:
      • Gunner:
      • Driver
    • 2/1/B - Plt sergeant:   
      • Gunner: 
      • Driver

Secondary:

• 1C - PC plt - M113A2 (Carrying concertina wire)
    • 1/1/C - Plt leader: 
      • A- 1/1/C - Riffle squad, Strengh=4 armed with (M72A1 LAW [1/3] Riffle grenades: M433 HEPD (HEAT) x10, M713 Smoke x10) 
      • B- 1/1/C - LMG team M60E, Strengh=3
      • PL- 1C, Strengh=2, (Platoon leader)
    • 3/1/C - 1's wingman: 
      • A- 2/1/C -  - Riffle squad, Strengh=4 armed with (M72A1 LAW [1/3] Riffle grenades: M433 HEPD (HEAT) x10, M713 Smoke x10)
      • PSG- 1C, Strengh=2, (Medic)
    • 2/1/C - Plt sergeant: 
      • A- 1/1/C - Riffle squad, Strengh=4 armed with (M72A1 LAW [1/3] Riffle grenades: M433 HEPD (HEAT) x10, M713 Smoke x10) 

Additional:

• 1/1/D - Mixed
    • 1/1/D - Vector ATTV - OHWS - DShk
      • A- 1/1/D scout team, strengh 2
    • 3/1/D - M113A3 Medic
      • A- 3/1/D Medic team
    • 5/1/D - M881A MRV

---------------

Edited by Lumituisku
updated positions.

Current plan: 

Advande towards navigator and PL Ridge passing towns by atleast 400m

• Engage any armor and visible units at obj Navigator from afar as we by pass it.
  • By pass Navigator from east, between it and Town 2.
  • Check Yellow circled buildings for troops as we pass between.

PL Wedge

• Partially start clearing obj Escalate. Leave other half for mech infantry
  • Engage any visible enemy forces at Obj Bronco  (support mech infantry if necessary)

Proceed cautiously to PL Doorstep.

• Expect possible enemy counter attack  - Chopper? 
  • Keep distance to Obj Tahoe 500m, and start advancing around it engagin any visible enemy forces.  

On all objectives. Focus on armor and visible enemy forces. Keep distance of +400m  (Partially clear Obj Escalade)  

Leave mopping up for mech infantry.  Assist if asked for. 

unknown.png

Saturday 7th, we will likely play something small.

I had discussion with @Commissar_Martin And after that I basically concluded that

• At current these sessions are not effectively working towards original intend of forming a crews
    • that would know each other well
    • Get bonded together.
  • Instead it seems that way too often we get adhoc teams of guys who don't know each other or capabilities. 
  • Equipment consideration.  M60A3 clearly was too complex for many, and that complexity took away from crew being able to perform their duties.
    • Consideration  -> Focus on simple but effective vehicles such as Leopard 2, T- series, M1A1 Abrams variants, Anything british xD, Marder 1A3 , Spähpanzer Luchs 2A2, , Basic troop carriers.
  • Mission size - Couple of times we have had mission that was clearly too... time consuming and large almost like an operation.
    • Consideration's -> Change focus from operation to training? 
    • Choose and purposefully create much smaller scenarios for training intent to have more effect for less time consideration.  Down from 1 hour.. to 30min.. or even 15min.   That we could run multible small scenarios instead of one big one.
    • Many small more likely successess, instead of one big unlikely victory.
  • Crew commitment? At current we're seeing low commitment, and past regular guys seem to be getting mildly alieated. As they are often put to go with new guys.
    • Considerations:  Instead of one regular mission, create calendar to find when people who are interested, would be able to play. So that their crew team could get to play small training missions together when possible. Not only on the 1 time slot. 
    • Ranks, duties?  -  I don't really feel up for such. Thoughs? 

Any other thoughs or feedback?  

I am intending to create something small for next saturday. Probably with Leopard 2A4.  (It seems steady performer)   Might also use M1A1.   (I am unwilling to use eastern equipment at this time due to commander position elevation limit. That to my opinion.. significantly limits player usability of that position because it cannot see upwards. (might consider T tanks for flat surface maps)  

Hey Chief

First:

Love your sessions and love your crew:

Dont change either.

ad. 1 Maybe its because I personally sadly dont have so much time to jump in before gametime. That doesnt mean its bad. It takes time to get to know each other.
So have patience and stay your course would be my humble recommendation.

ad. 2 Maybe steering people together that EITHER have basically the same level OR pair a new guy with an experienced ?
I can honestly say that the mission I did with Lusik was one of the best I have played. He really knew his stuff and we worked very well together.
But learning other peoples SOP´s and procedures takes time. And there is not ONE right way to do everything.

You can learn from anyone, but its hard to change all the time. So maybe let those who work well together work more with each other so you do not need to start from scratch every time?

ad. 3 With respect: IMHO the M60A3TTS is not that hard compared to say the T72, Centauro or CV9035DK. There are pros and cons to always using the same vehicles. Again there is not ONE right way to do it. And I seem to remember that people voted for the M60?

Ad. 4 its really REALLY difficult to make a scenario that fits a precise timeline. So I see 2 realistic options and 1 not really a solution.
Option 1: call ENDEX at the appointed time and do a review of what has been achieved and if we succeeded-
Option 2: make a ingame-save and continue next session. Minus is that the next one might be short.

The not really a solution: tell people that the around 1 hour is indication and not a firm timeline. Kanium missions are set at 3 hours but usually takes around 2. I try to tell in advance if its a bigger one. 

But dont drop everything, because your sessions are good.

Training is good - maybe switich it up so every third mission is training?

OR

Have a little bit of training in EVERY mission. In prebrief and debrief ?

ad. 5 Per 2, maybe rotate new guys with the other guys but let people form more stable crews aisde from that ?
New guys is how we keep this game alive ...

Please NO ranks ... I think all the people who have served dont need that. Who ever is CO, PLT LDR and PLT SGT is the one who gives orders. And you can give input, but those orders are not to be challenged.

We have voluntary dicipline. The voluntary part is whether you play or not...

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

Mission size - Couple of times we have had mission that was clearly too... time consuming and large almost like an operation.

• Consideration's -> Change focus from operation to training? 
  • Choose and purposefully create much smaller scenarios for training intent to have more effect for less time consideration.  Down from 1 hour.. to 30min.. or even 15min.   That we could run multible small scenarios instead of one big one.
  • Many small more likely successess, instead of one big unlikely victory.

This is always very difficult with SB because of player fluctuation.

I like your first bullet and I think that's a great way to approach what you're trying to do with these sessions.

I'd recommend splitting your sessions in half. First half is training - a vehicle or system-centric focus - get the group comfortable or at least familiar with what you're trying to do and the second half of the session has the group playing on a small mission that focuses on those teaching 'objectives' from the first half. 

It seems like the focus for this session is Platoon - maybe best to just stick to that then. If the players are able to quickly win the scenario then run it again with leadership and vehicles switched around. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

I appreciate the desire to form crews, but, as I am an example of, it is hard to commit to too much gaming in a weekend.  I like the multi-crew and you're doing a great job at organizing.  Summer is especially hard time to find time to game.  Too many other obligations.

Don't give up the multi-crew and platoon level missions.

What time are you thinking Saturday?  I can't do the Kanium mission Sunday but am still interested in getting more time with others.  I do really like the idea of multicrew teams and getting to know who you are in vehicle with and getting comfortable.  

I also really like the idea of training or tactics training exercises too.  

1 hour ago, Combat Wasp said:

What time are you thinking Saturday?  I can't do the Kanium mission Sunday but am still interested in getting more time with others.  I do really like the idea of multicrew teams and getting to know who you are in vehicle with and getting comfortable.  

I also really like the idea of training or tactics training exercises too.  

Hi.  This should show correct time. :)  (or this)  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Small+Multicrew&iso=20220507T18&p1=1397&ah=1

You are more than welcome. We will play on Kanium TS  as usual.  Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077   

This time I will pick something small.  So we will see what we will play when it is go time.  Probably Leopards.  So some leopard basics would be useful.  

42 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Hi.  This should show correct time. :)  (or this)  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Small+Multicrew&iso=20220507T18&p1=1397&ah=1

You are more than welcome. We will play on Kanium TS  as usual.  Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077   

This time I will pick something small.  So we will see what we will play when it is go time.  Probably Leopards.  So some leopard basics would be useful.  

Very cool!  I will most likely be available for that then!  I'll play around with a few Leos tonight!

I will likely host / play some Steelbeast at Saturday 14th, regular time at around: 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Some+steelbeast&iso=20220514T18&p1=1397&ah=1  

However this time I will not put calendar event, and have nothing pre planned.   If you are interested to join me then.  You can reply here / pm me on forum or discord.   ~  Lumi

Edited by Lumituisku
added TS adress