Pacifist Allies

foxlarry
Go to solution Solved by Gibsonm,

Gentlemen.  I'm in the process of creating an offline scenario that features Blue and Green allied forces against a Red force.

The Green forces don't follow combat instructions, and ignore the Red forces even in the test mode. I can operate individual Green vehicles

in the test phase, but not in "Offline sessions". In the offline sessions the Green units only move as directed, but I 

can't operate any Green vehicles, like I can in the Test mode. I have tried to make sure that the Green units are

properly recognized as Blue allies. I must be doing something wrong, because I'm sure that

there is a reason to have allies for the Blue and Red units. 

Any comments and/or advice will be much appreciated.😊

did you properly allie the correct parties in the configure  box?(not sure what its called).Also mk sure you hv red as enemy in the same box.Its hard to explain,but im sure some one will be along to explain better,hopefully w pictures.

SS_20_22_40.png

Edited by mpow66m

@mpow66m Thank you for your kind, informative and quick response. Thank you also for your screen shot. I'm sure if other people visit this discussion, they will appreciate seeing what exactly we are talking about. I have used the "party dispositions" menu, and have tried various settings, but haven't found a solution to my "problem". Once again, thank you very much for your kind assistance. Stay well👍😊

• Solution

As Ssnake mentioned if you are playing in single person mode (offline as you say), you can only play one "side".

You can only give orders to Blue units.

Green units need to be scripted.

If you want Green units to react to human generated orders, you need 1 person to play Blue and a 2nd person to play Green and then tell the Green player what you need done via Teamspeak or similar.

You can not control 2, or more, sides when playing single player.

3 hours ago, Maic said:

You can, however, bypass this by playing in the mission editor mode. I think for some purposes it may fuldill the @foxlarry's need

Yes, we have already covered that in the first few posts.

His issue is:

20 hours ago, foxlarry said:

Gentlemen.  I'm in the process of creating an offline scenario that features Blue and Green allied forces against a Red force.

The Green forces don't follow combat instructions, and ignore the Red forces even in the test mode. I can operate individual Green vehicles

in the test phase, but not in "Offline sessions". In the offline sessions the Green units only move as directed, but I 

can't operate any Green vehicles, like I can in the Test mode. I have tried to make sure that the Green units are

properly recognized as Blue allies. I must be doing something wrong, because I'm sure that

there is a reason to have allies for the Blue and Red units.

He is trying to run both sides during an offline, (non Mission Editor / Test mode) session.

Gentlemen. Thank you all for your kind and helpful information regarding my query about

operating Blue forces with Green (in this case), allied forces in the "offline" mode of SB Pro. My question was titled -

"Pacifist Allies". Ssnake was able to answer my questions and help me in direct communications

between he and I. My thanks to him in particular. 👍👍😊