Kanium Sunday 3rd of April "Operation Minx", by SnS and Apocalypse

Nike-Ajax

Important: remember that Europe switched to Summertime Sunday the 27´th of March - LOOK in the thread below and click the link with the time to get YOUR time !

Kanium Sunday 3rd of April "Operation Minx", by SnS and Apocalypse

For new players or players that have not played with us for a while: Please contact @Major duck or myself, to set up comms, right version and maps beforehand. Alternatively be there at least 30 mins before gametime.

For all players: From now on we will be there about 30 minutes before go time to test everything. If it isnt sorted before GO time, then we will have to start the game at the allotted time, for the benefit of all the other players.

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - adjusted for Daylight Savings Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube or Twitch channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

ChrisReb Mappack V.4

Untile further notice will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

map.thumb.jpg.db85fb0f665e380d2480a9bd4d1e5696.jpg

1656399392_map2.thumb.jpg.dec01163f49c782b370db60469e6c16a.jpg

20200411 Op Minx by SnS and APOCv2

1) SITUATION:

a) General.

RU forces are now on the defensive, their attack having culminated with the destruction of the first echelon.  Within our AO, a BTG has moved back to defend the R Wylie iot allow RU forces to reinforce from reserves.

3 (UK) Div are advancing from their hides and will conduct a counter attack into the RU flank iot to secure the Corps LD for Follow on Forces (11 ACR).

The R  Wylie is key terrain and crossing sites must be secured within the next 2 hours iot to ensure 3 (UK) Div momentum in maintained.

b) Enemy Forces.

NATO does not have air superiority and intelligence is not real-time. The situation may have changed by the time operation commences. RU BTG (-) T-90/80u/BMP-3/AT5/14 has established defensive positions along river Wylie (see trace).

Main Defensive Area (MDA) SILVER with at least 1 x Security Outpost Plt(+) each defending GOLD & AMBER; remainder unlocated, but assessed as ivo GR 4485. Enemy MSR identified – see trace.

Dispositions & Strength.
            1. Latest intelligence 12 hours old.
            2. Obstacles (see trace)
            3. Artillery/CAS support from Div Tactical Group (DTG) expected, including a platoon of  Air Assault Infantry.
            4. Militia force identified defending AMBER    
            5. Combt Power = ~65%.  

Enemy Strengths (S)/Weakness (W).
            (S). T80U fires AT 11 Sniper, w/ engagement range of 8km. Likely tanks battle grouped with mech forces.
            (S). Expect Div Arty Group MRL and CAS.
            (S) BTG Mech Inf equipped with RPG 27.
            (S). Air Asslt likely for flank protection.
            (W). BTG assessed logistical capacity at 40%.  

c) FF TASKOG. TF Kanium comprises:

1 x Recon Plt (M2A3)
    2 x M1AI Armoured Companies (A&B)with an additional 2 x Mech Plt ( M2A2) from C Coy.  Mech Plts incl 2x JAVLIN Sect.
    Engr Plt ( MICLIC)
    1 x MRLS Bty (inc FOO/TACP & UAV Tp)
    1 x AH-64 Flt (on call)

Fires. 1 x MRLS Bty direct spt; Div Fires Plan: 5 priority missions, 1 x FASCAM (1920 HE 480 Smoke/480 ICM 4 x tubes x 2 Btys); 5 CAS.

2) MISSION:

Seize & Secure OBJs GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE iot enable follow on forces continued advance east.

3) EXECUTION:

a) Concept of Operation:
    Momentum is critical to the success of this operation.

Rapidly secure crossing site on R Wylie, attack east with sufficient forces to find & destroy logistical elements, while defeating likely RU forces protecting MSR.  

Strike into SILVER iot seize crossing points is the ME.

B Coy will be released for the strike into SILVER. All obstacles in first instance will be by-passed or rapidly breached. Indirect fires and CAS to be used for depth targeting and preparation for attack. RU AD units to be destroyed early to facilitate CAS spt.   

Intent.

Rapidly secure both crossing points on R Wylie within 2 hours iot enable 3 (UK) Div to continue adv east and secure Corps LD for counter attack.  

Main Effort .

Seize SILVER

b) Key Tasks:
    1. Seize & Secure GOLD .
          2. Seize & Secure SILVER (ME)
    3. Seize OBJ BRONZE
          4. Destroy RU logistical units.
          5. Destroy RU Air Defenses - this will enable attack aviation support .

c) End State :

1. GOLD & SILVER secure and bridges operational.
          2. RU Logistical and Air Defense units destroyed.
          3. TF KANIUM in hasty defence in SILVER, fit for subsequent operations.  

4) COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS:
    Medical spt and resupply/repair are all organic to A Coy CO and units have 2 Days of Supply (2 DOS) and 6 hours ammunition.  B Coy is currently moving from fwd FARP and will be supplied for the strike into SILVER

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:

a. C2. All forces for the operation will be OPCON Coy CO.  
       b. Signal. No Change. 

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Important: remember that Europe switched to Summertime Sunday the 27´th - LOOK in the thread above and click the link with the time to get YOUR time !

Manninglist:

A66 M1A2(SEP) w. AVEPS: Assassin (Kanium,US)

L1 Piranha III-C and L-5 FOV90:

A1 M1A2 (SEP) W. AVEPS

A11 Badger (Kanium,CAN)

A12

A13 Nate Lawrence (Kanium,US)

A14 Tankenator (Kanium,US)

A2 M1A2 (SEP) W. AVEPS

A21 Irish Hussar (Kanium,UK)

A22

A23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

A24 Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

A3 M1A2 (SEP) W. AVEPS

A31 Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

A32

A33 Higgs (Kanium,CH)

A34 Freyberg (Kanium,ITA)

A4 M2A2 (ODS) w. AVEPS

A41 Snoggy (Kanium,CAN)

A42 SnS (Kanium,UK)

A43 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

A44 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

A5 M2A2 (ODS) w. AVEPS

A51 Grenny (Kanium,DE)

A52 ChrisReb (Kanium,UK)

A53

A54 JAG-11A (Kanium,US)

RECON (4 x M3A2 w. AVEPS)

HQ-11 Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

HQ-12

HQ-13

HQ-14 Apocalypse (TankSim/Kanium,US)

CSS

A7-9: SUPPLY, MRV AND MEDIC

RESERVE:

Per orders - Other assets initially unmanned, until the other PLTs are full

OPFOR:

VI - none needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Hosting:

Assassin

(19/19)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

13 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I did what....?

I'm sorry officer, I don't have any recollection of being with her. 

(Did I edit this?)

Well ...

The infant does bear a passing resemblance to you 😆

From input and the fact that your name was on the file I as usual, just wanted to give credit to its progenitor(s) ... daddy-o 😁

• Nike-Ajax changed the title to Kanium Sunday 3rd of April "Operation Minx", by SnS and Apocalypse

Hmmm.  Looks like we need need A1 manned.  I'm OK w/ moving to A11 and we can populate that platoon if anyone else joins at last minute.  If alone, I suggest we keep A1 for a reserve and I'll try to keep the tanks alive until I can hand them off.