4.268 Return of towing bug (dare I say a different strain)?

Gibsonm

Good afternoon.

During a recent BG ANZAC session this happened:

Vehicles begin recovery:

SS_15_52_50.thumb.jpg.600453618f4da544f30c5bea3d3db8d1.jpg

So far, so good:

SS_15_53_19.thumb.jpg.0ff5a0aadf1deeb5c85f25d219a562bd.jpg

Random destruction:

SS_15_53_38.thumb.jpg.7da4e7110e2334e77d4765cb5cd7523a.jpg

Wrecks continue to move???

SS_15_53_43.thumb.jpg.f67243e1fb9625f02d5361da6e402b38.jpg

It was a networked session (the affected player was in Germany, other players in the UK, Germany and here in Australia. Hosted in Australia).

The player controlled / owned both tanks, the "tower" and the "towee"

He had attached the tow cable previously (refer the AAR) and successfully towed them for approx 2km across flat open terrain.

Suddenly both vehicles were destroyed with no evidence of external intervention.

Any thoughts?

CG76 Operation Stone v0_1 for 4_268_76984_033122MARKS-PC-2011936.aar

SBProPEServer64CM 2022-04-04 05-52-21-46.zip

DebugLog_2.txt

Edited by Gibsonm

• Gibsonm changed the title to 4.268 Return of towing bug (dare I say a different strain)?
13 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

https://youtu.be/zU-Og7I5nMI?t=2188

Here's the link.    I think this is similar event?    (note I wasn't there personally, I was just told about it.)  

Well we didn't have any "sling shoting" or noticeable server lag (at least the person controlling them didn't mention it) so I suspect its different.

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Well, we at least have trouble replicating it. So any additional hints about circumstances (single player, or only network? If network, client-client towing, or host-client, or client-host? etc.) are welcome.

1. Network.

2. Both vehicles controlled by the same client.

But we also had good tows so not consistent in the same session.

Also

Network

and 

Same client 

We also did a 

Network

and 

2 different people as tower and towie if that's even correct English

Both worked 

I hope that confused things 🙉 😆

MD

Edited by Major duck

I wonder and am just speculating here. Maybe there is something to do with ownership change, and from jumping from vehicle to vehicle?

Like, on @Mirzayev case as can be seen on video how the towed tank changed owner when hitching was being applied  or just before. 

Also prior accident he changed view between different units on the map, and returned to view on towing tank  and somehow when towing, and there was bit of lag, he jumped to tank being towed  (that he owned) and witnessed eeer.. LAG sling shot?  

I don't know what is the case in case @Gibsonm tells us.  Could it have been that person changed point of view to towed tank when it happened?  

7 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

I don't know what is the case in case @Gibsonm tells us.  Could it have been that person changed point of view to towed tank when it happened?

Nope.

They were given a route, they were following it, the owner was operating other vehicles and then noticed on the map that they had both been destroyed.

I'm unsure if its helpful inadvertently confusing things by adding different instances that may have different reasons.

IMHO, its much better to have discrete posts about specific instance with the detail required, rather than jump on "someone else's" post.