4.268 - BMP-2 Tank range targets didn't get destroed from hit.

Lumituisku
Go to solution Solved by Ssnake,

Okay. I find this very strange  On tank range usually any hit destroys target but today with BMP-2 that didn't happen.

I fired Sabot / Heat and targets didn't get destroed from clear hits. 

Missile hits destroed targets alright.. but armor piercing or heat..  not so much  AAR as attachment

Here is also video from what I witnessed..  all works as normal  until  2 mine mark in video..  00:01:48 mission time  where I fire at M60 with armor piecing and it got tracked.  O.o?

and then I fire a lot to it  until finally it dies after lot of rounds hitting it.  And then problem keeps occurring with other targets.  

BMP-2_6484_041022TUULI1141.aar

14 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

The M60 is a missile target.

"Kill when hit" only applies if the attacking projectile has a chance to perforate the targte's armor (you can't kill tanks with coax either).

SS_06_22_40.thumb.png.74d98dea72be895cfab5983dec2e2ef4.png

Again, I don't disagree that shooting a tank with AP is stupid... but it works in some cases on the tank range, and not others.

Also, there was this:

SS_06_22_29.thumb.png.162c66638ccbd656144b7ccd16f1f965.png

That should be a kill, yeah?

Throwing in the M2A2 for good measure as well, since this is also a missile target, but gives first round kills with AP on the tank range:

SS_06_28_54.thumb.png.40ecdcd22a77d1643084a165d6db1391.png

Edited by Mirzayev

8 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

The M60 is a missile target.

"Kill when hit" only applies if the attacking projectile has a chance to perforate the targte's armor (you can't kill tanks with coax either).

And here old dog learned something "new" once again xD    Thank you @Ssnake

I can see it now. Marder 2 that followed M60 was also so heavily armored that it could not have been penetrated.   

Though what I find strange is inconsistencies.  Especially with chemical energy warheads where any even very distant fracment can result a kill.