Kanium Sunday 17th of April "Operation COLD CALL" by Apocalypse

Nike-Ajax

Kanium Sunday 17th of April "Operation COLD CALL" by Apocalypse

For all players: From now on we will be there about 30 minutes before go time to test everything. If it isnt sorted before GO time, then we will have to start the game at the allotted time, for the benefit of all the other players.

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - adjusted for Daylight Savings Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube or Twitch channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

ChrisReb Mappack V.4

Untile further notice will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

1424426859_map2.thumb.jpg.de8dae7582d801ae51d822af17480b4d.jpg

map.thumb.jpg.f324dc4b6513736fdacabdd49473c7d9.jpg

map3.thumb.jpg.15861600eb7f9a52533b403dd96deb32.jpg

Operation COLD CALL
by Apocalypse

A US piece-meal Company attacks an enemy-held airfield.

I. Situation

An enemy Mechanized Infantry Battalion is established in a defense around the Benmir airport. Our scouts have identified enemy recon forces operating  just beyond Phase Line ALPHA, and several platoon battle positions along Phase Line BRAVO.

Enemy recon patrols are extremely aggressive and our scouts were forced to retrograde, so enemy dispositions beyond the phase line BRAVO are relatively unknown but we anticipate mechanized infantry battle positions supported by tanks in a layered defense around the airfield.

We also anticipate the enemy to emplace minefield obstacle belts to support their defense, as well as protection from MANPADs and artillery.

Our force is relatively small, and a piece-meal composition of scattered units across the Battalion. The Division commander is pushing an aggressive timeline for seizure of the Benmir airfield to support airlift of critical supplies into the AO. We're out of time and must attack now.

II. Mission

Attack to seize OBJ BULL to allow friendly forces additional tactical infrastructure to support future offensive operations

III. Execution

Attack now, and attack with what you have. Additional reinforcements may arrive when or if they can.

You have support from 2x transportation aircraft, and elements from B CO (light infantry), but beware of the SAM threat in the AO.

Your attack will be supported with organic 120mm mortars and a battery of 155mm guns.

IV. Service & Support

Your company is fully supplied, and is being supported by HQ resupply assets (fuel/ammo)

A FARP has been established to the south by G CO, and can be moved at any time.

V. Command & Signal

Friendly ID: On
    Map Contacts: Enabled

Commanders Guidance:

1. You don't have much to attack with, certainly not as much as you'd like - but sometimes that life!
2. Do recon - locate the enemy and determine their composition - formulate your attack and don't attack blindly.
3. Take your time - Dont rush. Designate march objectives - seize terrain that you think is relevant and consolidate your forces. Rinse and Repeat.

IMPORTANT: This is a smaller scenario in line with available players due to Easter. It is suggested that if we get higher manning than expected, that you Multicrew !

Manninglist:

A66 M1A2(SEP): Lumituisku (Team Saber,FI)

C1 M1A2 (SEP)

C11 Badger (Kanium,CAN)

C12 Maic (Kanium,FI), Alika (?,?)

E1 CENTAURO B1

E11 Irish Hussar (Kanium,UK), Hedgehog (UKarmour,UK) (As gunner assumed)

E14 Major Duck (Kanium,DK), Tankenator (Kanium,US)

A1 M2A2 (ODS)

A11 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE), Kappa007 (?,?) (gunner)

A12 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

F11 VAMTAC ST5 OHWS w. M2HB

F11 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

F12

F14 VAMTAC ST5 OHWS w. M2HB

F14 Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

F13

HQ AND MTR

HQ1: PIRANHA III TACP, SUPPLY AND CMD

HQ2: 4 X PIRANHA VAAMS: SwordsmanDK (Kanium,DK)

HELO

G1: CHINOOK

G2: UH-60

Plus 4 x dismounts

CSS

G5: SUPPLY AND FUELER

RESERVE:

Per orders

OPFOR:

VI/AI - none needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Hosting:

Assassin

(13/13)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

2 hours ago, Maximiliano Caceres said:

Hi, i am not part of the clan, but i would like to know if a can join, i know its to late, preference position, gunner.

Its never too late !

We have walk-ins that turn up at game start, and that is fine.

Its just that as the guy who arranges it including picking the scenario its always nice to have an idea about how many we will be.

So I have paired you with @Maic - he is good people, and I think you know him?

Also- if you have any questions, then be there about 30 mins early

W always play the latest version:

See you later

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Current sketch of my initial plan.  

We have two rivers to cross.  (Fairly narrow but too steep banks) we need to use bridges for our movement. 

Market sector has most operational freedom due most tank durable bridges, and we possibly will be able to gain and maintain control for path to resuply / air transports.

Current idea that I am forming up is that.

• Mech infantry will decide speed of advance and tank section will support them. 
    • Tanks assist bradleys but if need or opportunity comes up will move to destroy enemy movement that endanger my intend. 
  • Vamtac sections will do recon at flanks and each
    • would have one Centauro as extra fire power / protection that ourt flanks can secured
  1. We will secure blue path for air movement / resuply
  2. If possible We will Neutralize Enemy stronhold Valorsk of eny AFVs
  3. We will Neutralize eny stronghold Stolya of eny AFVs 
  4. Prior PL-Charlie we may divide our forces to two.  I expect especially Vantacs and Centauros to be instrumental gaining knowledge of enemy past this area.  Especially at north.
  5. We will gain high ground forest patches just west of airfield and move to objective.    

image.thumb.png.ee734f3f4963d93e0fee5205b3f00f4f.png