Idea for a mission, Hard Copy Map Only Mission, Poll to ascertain interest.

Hedgehog

Idea for a mission, Hard Copy Map Only Mission, Poll to ascertain interest.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have access to a Printer?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. How much notice will you need?

• 24 hrs (E.G. Same day or night before)
    • More than 24 hrs less than 96hrs (E.G. Work Printer on a Friday)
    • More than 96 hrs (E.G. I can use a printer but it's complicated)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2022 at 10:59 PM

If things haven't changed...  It used to be so that you could see the map at the briefing even when map was disabled.  So I suppose guys could take picture of it with their smartphone or screen capture. 

And I too have been tempted to create such mission.

Edited by Lumituisku

Providing, via various means, one could as in RL issue a trace prior, then ( as in the old days) issue orders in ref: to said trace over comms in real time (TS) to others.

example: All call signs, as per trace we will assemble, and atk north from Ref point DOG, to be rdy to ATK at 13:00 hrs, all c/s confirm, over

Players having been sent "trace", would place in scn, and understand , and see where DOG was, and confirm with ACK, those who are unsure at this time ask  if req.

Simple, but some trg'ing is needed, but this is no where as difficult as learning in game gunnery, much less time to acquire this TRACE skills.

After all.....this is a simulator :)

Mr Hog, Hedge, your onto something.....................

Disclaimer: No hedgehogs were harmed in this post, some butthurt has been reported, we are confirming, and will report the results as soon as possible..

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

ig issues here though are that your subordinates should also be able to print a map, put graphics on it, etc.

That's why I started a Poll :)

Saying that this would need as mcuh notice as possible for CO planning, Distribution of said plan etc

Edited by Hedgehog

3 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

That's why I started a Poll :)

Saying that this would need as mcuh notice as possible for CO planning, Distribution of said plan etc

Possibility, however, 

In reality b4 the mission green button is activated the CO knows his intent, he would during the planning stage (pre green button) from his sub commanders have a opportunity to confirm their part, and ask pertaining questions. The CO can do this (due to the sent trace/pln file), where team could load said plan, we are not talking new guys here, most if not all would understand the plan/briefing from the CO in little time. This may, for a large plan require just as long as the CO would take if following method now, log on, start scn, and hear the Intent/rec trace for all by the CO work.

Sending the info b4 hand, would free up the CO, as to him  starting from scratch. One could see in the sent pln method, the CO only confirming the intent from sub units, and, if he is a well trained CO ( and we have few) ask how they plan to carryout their sub unit part ( conformation ), at that point he ok's their plan, or makes needed clarity. Launch.

To sum up-

Prior to mission time/date team rec's plan, receive, read.

sub units plan their given tasks,

develop question back to CO and, how they will carryout 

Enter mission, short planning stage, green button pressed

As I posted b4, some trg'ng is required, and as b4 troops will learn the method, and very quickly find this as normal when operating in a plan based operation much like RL, we all had to start somewhere, look at us now :)

Most armies use this TTp's, quick, provides feedback. In my army, the trace is given to a runner, that returns to troops C/S while the Tp leaders is getting his orders from Sqn CO. While this is taking place the troop in copying the runners trace to each c/s, so...concurrent activity

When the Tp Ldrs returns from Sqn briefing, the troop has the trace, and by the markings can see the overall plan (not 1st rodeo), load required ammo type, the Tp Ldr has only fill in the details, timings, OOM, comms, etc.

When I left the armored trade,  and moved into Info warfare we getting pretty printouts (you know the type, place a book of 300 pages, on 1 page in .0001 font), with all the info detailed, most found this time consuming, however all details, trace, ect was on one sheet of paper, and that still had to be briefed by someone. To misplace said paper resulted in "Clown World" for all to see, much like loosing your map itself.

Mission starts, CO confirms sub unit CO's plan, rec's question.

Launch.

Hic-ups can be worked out, method can be fined tuned.

Some will not like this method, the reasons will differ. Example:

Members' may enjoy a 1 hour planning stage from a famous KY speaker, I myself enjoy this audio, and the talk back and forth, shit happens. 

Enjoy the poll, and the interest to simulate RL. 

Thank you.

Disclaimer: JK'ing RS  :)

Edited by 12Alfa