Kanium Sunday 8th of May "Operation Saber Tip Kanium" by Assassin

WTF is going here. Do I need to whole plan again because opfor may be adjusted on the fly? Was it bad idea to show plan here? 

*Groans*  

I did see lot of effort to create planned routes for combat maintenance units to take that burden from my shoulders on saved plan and map overlay

@Assassin 7 could you just please delete that opfor plan picture. Please?  All i remember of it for sure is that there was forces on Apache pilot area. But it wouldn't have changed my plan anyways as me and Martin already concluded that there probably is enemy forces there. Because many reasons. 

1 there's cap in green units in that southern part of Map. 

2 apache was downed and it would be logical for enemy to push to Capture that tech / pilot0

3 enemy present market is indication / hint as well.

@everyone please do not reveal AI enemy plan or routing anymore. - not fun! 

I probably... Should have posted my plan on PMs to platoon commanders. >.< 

I was and am intending to do so. For suggestions / discussion.  That we would have a good game ahead. 

5 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

WTF is going here. Do I need to whole plan again because opfor may be adjusted on the fly? Was it bad idea to show plan here? 

*Groans*  

I did see lot of effort to create planned routes for combat maintenance units to take that burden from my shoulders on saved plan and map overlay

@Assassin 7 could you just please delete that opfor plan picture. Please?  All i remember of it for sure is that there was forces on Apache pilot area. But it wouldn't have changed my plan anyways as me and Martin already concluded that there probably is enemy forces there. Because many reasons. 

1 there's cap in green units in that southern part of Map. 

2 apache was downed and it would be logical for enemy to push to Capture that tech / pilot0

3 enemy present market is indication / hint as well.

@everyone please do not reveal AI enemy plan or routing anymore. - not fun! 

I probably... Should have posted my plan on PMs to platoon commanders. >.< 

I was and am intending to do so. For suggestions / discussion.  That we would have a good game ahead. 

No - Assassin is being humorous:

There is NO OPFOR for this one and its the same scenario I sent you. Please verify that this scenario works with this one.

Other wise we will roll with the one I sent you.

You only need to install the Map, the scenario is just to verify that it works.

Oh.  This sce file Assasin send  is with only  Blue force.  There is no other forces.  So everyone can check their loadout from that scenario.  

https://www.steelbeasts.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=23027&key=4df6c011136ac071951ad452354f9589

1 hour ago, Nike-Ajax said:

There is NO OPFOR for this one and its the same scenario I sent you. Please verify that this scenario works with this one.

Other wise we will roll with the one I sent you.

Overlay works, plan however says invalid scenario.

More over I think assasins version was just that people could check their loadout.   So I think it is meant that we go with one you send to me.

@Nike-Ajax Heads up. I had discussion with Assasin.  We agreed that he will edit opfor behavior and post new mission later today.  He will send new mission for me and Harry that we can re do our plans. 

That scenario he send.  Is for Mech infantry guys to check their loadouts and for platoon leaders to make overlays.

I have send to assumed platoon commanders my plan.  So that they can develop their own overlays for scenario. So maybe I may not need to send mine at all. Or people can just delete parts that are irrelevant to them.    

3 hours ago, Higgs said:

Well, unfortunately I won't make it once again. 😒. I'm sorry but I have too much going on right now. Hopefully it'll work next week.

C´est la guerre

We shall see you on the flip side, JAMBO 🤙

heads up for all those who are still confused when the Kanium mission starts - It begins in 1 hour and 30 minutes.  

You can check starting time from first post in this topic  or from this link here.   

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Kanium+Sunday+8th+of+May+"Operation+Saber+Tip+Kanium"+by+Assassin&iso=20220508T20&p1=69&ah=3

Dear platoon leaders and XO

@Commissar_Martin @Assassin 7 @IrishHussar @Nike-Ajax @Colebrook @Kingtiger @Grenny @Mirzayev 

Some conclusions...

• Area around coffee..  south west of map  was not good terrain for Armor and heavily favored defender. 
    • Our force was tank  not mech infantry heavy!  Should have focused on terrain favoring tanks.  And focused clearing 7up and fanta first.. and then given mech infantry free hands with coffee.   /  CV90s  would probably have dealt well there with their 40mm bofors  
  • ROADS!  - I forgot importance of roads for quick movement.  I forgot to emphasize how important it is for quick and decicive mission that we secure and control important roads, to get supplies, and reinforces into action as quickly as possilbe. 
    • AFVs are fine on cross country and they are meant to do just that. Use the terrain to their advantage. However they do not have endless ammunition.. and moving units back and forth trough woods is hellish.
      • Note to self.  Assign / emphasize importance of critical roads to be captured and cleared for rabit deployment use. 
  • Communications, we had some problems but not too much.  Also here I think that having task forces actually worked great for me, de cluttering communications from my end. As for once I was able to keep up much better when my attention was required!  ✌️
  • PLAN safe and effective flight paths for helicopters.  I did that on the first mission I CO:ed, and it worked creat.
    • THis time I failed, as I placed apatche on top of one of most high hills on map and it got taken out in matter of 10 seconds. 
      • Previously when it worked I had planned it  so that effective areas were limited to "KNOWN" front sector
  • Next time, I better stick to plan and not panic too early. Mauler was doing great work, and enemy effort was on south, not on north.  

------------

• R1 did admirably.  Good scouting, you guys provided good intel and even participated to battle.  Well done! 
  • A1 and A2.  I am terribly sorry to have assigned you terrain that was NOT TANKY Terrain at all, and that favored defending enemy troops.  You gyus had bad cards but did good job with what you had.  Also you tried hard to guard mech infantry, and assist them.  👍
    • But alas they had just too powerful weapons that I had not counted as serious treath during planning.  
  • C2  had hard time and hellish losses along with A2, but you gyus did a lot of bloody fighting in Coffee that was - nearly impossible to take. Still we got it thanks to you guys.
  • A3 and A4 - Good initiative and coms!  Helped me a lot.  And you guys did great job!  
  • C1 - Good job at moving to Felix and rabitly deploying to defensive positions.  I am sorry that my orders at middle of mission were conflicting, but you guys picked up the role quickly and started to execute it well!  

It is pleasure to CO Kanium missions.

You guys show such good initiative.

At around 40 minutes in I commented to Harry that what the hell am I even needed here for xD 

You guys were doing all the work  without me needing to do anything. 

At the end though there was decitions to be made, and I finally felt useful.   

Harry did comment to me that my role was to provide plan, and to sit back and asses the situation. 

And.. that's pretty much what I tried to do. Not that I was very effective with it before the end. 

Thank you guys.

It was a pleasure to play with you guys, and I cannot but to highly recommend to everyone to try to CO Kanium mission. 

These guys make it easy. 

Just Provide clear intend, and means and they do execute it  /  Provide suggestions on the run to make it happen.

~ Lumi 

Edited by Lumituisku