Could we get Maps installer to instal maps as a default to a folder in a location?

Lumituisku

Today I had third time I have witnessed a new person who has installed Steelbeast to run to a problem where his maps where he chose a custom location for maps to be installed and didn't know nor realise that Steelbeast would install maps on that location without making a folder first. 

Games and simulations take lot of space these days. And all the other things I suppose.  Hence I have noticed that many people choose to install maps on different location.  And amongs the bunch there are those who are less skilled with PC stuff, or just don't realise to make separate folders just in case.   I think this is really important and hopefully relatively small change.  Because were losing customers / players because of this.    Not a whole lot, but I do think every customer / player counts. 

~  Lumi

10 minutes ago, Retro said:

Hm I guess we could add a confirmation dialogue that shows the user where the maps would be placed?

Not sure if that is sufficient because not all people have sufficient language or PC language understanding.  Problem is that these guys assumed that upon selecting location a folder for Maps would be created to destination location.  Instead of maps contend being installed to this location.  

Once it caused horrible mess when a person wanted to keep everything in same place and wanted to install "maps" to folder that installer did for Steelbeast. What happened installer installed Maps content amongs folder where Steelbeast content was installed.  

I believe even that could have worked out if first there would been created folder  "Maps"  and then installed map content to that folder.  

Hence I advocate that these installers would create folder for files to be installed in. Instead of installing content to that selected location.  

Right now I am still trying to tackle a case where new guy, very interested of Steelbeast is trying to get maps to install to D drive. But according to him  it stubbornly want's to install those to C drive.   o.O   

It is very hard to sometimes understand what is going on, to help out these guys, and not everyone is willing to share their screen that I could understand what is the problem.