Game wont launch and quits if i click cancel

xReCoNsLaYeR

• Members

I'm out of office at the moment and thus can't help by email. 

My recommendation is to uninstall everything. Then download and run the Bundle Installer, and to be careful when confirmin the target file paths during the installation process.

This post here has a detailed how-to guide for the installation:

If you follow those instructions, at least the installation itself should be successful.

• Administrators

First thing to try is to temporarily disable your AV software before installing. 

If you have left "Keep installers on disk" checked, then there should be a file called "SBMapPackageInstaller.exe" in the same folder you executed the bundle installer from.  Try running that manually.  

5 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Ugh. Heads up!  This sounds like the problem 2 other guys were having withing a week!   @Lusik isn't this the case you were dealing on sunday?  

I had a  different problem. My game crashed after I changed file path to map packages in Options inside the game. If I remember correctly: 

1. My SB is in c:/Programs/eSimGames/Steel Beasts/...
  2. Packages are in c:/Programs/terrains (or something like that) I'm on a different computer niw.
  3. I wanted to change File Path option to the default c:/ProgramData/eSimgames
  4. Then I changed to a different path
  5. When I wanted to recede back to  c:/Programs/terrains (my actual packages patch defined during the installation) SB displayed a promo that it encountered an exception and had to quit. 
  6. When I rested the game it went straight to File Path option and not the Main Menu and I could not do anything about it. 
  7. When changing file path the game was run in the administrator mode.
  8. The only way to solve it was to reinstall the sim completely.  

16 hours ago, xReCoNsLaYeR said:

I downloaded SBmapPackageInstaller and put in into the SB Pro PE and it just stay stuck on "file Paths" "map Package Folder, D:\SB Pro PE" and when i press ok it does nothing, and when i press cancel it get me out of the Program, Please Help!

Did you get it to work?  

4 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Did you get it to work?  

I had to reinstall because i wanted to play scenarios but it said "Could not find the map this (legacy) scenario is based on!" so i thought i had to install the map package and well, that screwed up the Program. 

1 hour ago, xReCoNsLaYeR said:

I had to reinstall because i wanted to play scenarios but it said "Could not find the map this (legacy) scenario is based on!" so i thought i had to install the map package and well, that screwed up the Program. 

Did you happen to be low on disk space and during installing maps chose to install "Minimum" required amount of maps? 

Does your C drive  (one where Windows is installed) happen to be nearly full. Like less than 15gb free space?

Edited by Lumituisku

On 5/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, Lumituisku said:

Did you happen to be low on disk space and during installing maps chose to install "Minimum" required amount of maps? 

Does your C drive  (one where Windows is installed) happen to be nearly full. Like less than 15gb free space?

Yeah lol, let me see what i can delete

6 hours ago, xReCoNsLaYeR said:

Yeah lol, let me see what i can delete

If you have cleared up atleast 20gb space from C drive (for temporary files) and from destination drive you can disregard whats written below. And just proceed to do full installation.

Your problem probably was: 

• During map installation you got error that you didn't have enough space available.  ( this probably means that C drive wasn't able to temporaly hold all needed data that is going to be installed to another drive.   Maps by default take just under 14 gb )
    • As result you probably changed default maps installing option to "custom" or more likely "minimum" 
      • Custom option installs only selected maps. - You will be short of some maps.
      • Minimum option I believe doesn't install any maps, or only one flat map. (It may however still create folders for all missing maps and that makes it difficult to keep track what you have or have not installed)
      • Selecting either causes that not all maps are installed. Fix is quite simple.
        • If you chose to save installers on disk find where installers were saved and in particular find "Maps installer" and run it.  This time, if you don't have enough space on C drive. Choose custom install and select amount of maps you are able to install. 
          • Maps size is just sligtly under 14 gigabytes if you select all the maps. So begin from top down or bottom up and write the name of last selected map, you're going to install.  -> You need to repeat this process by always selecting maps you didnt have installed, until you have all the maps installed. / Or you need to know and choose what maps you want to install and keep a list what you have installed
        • In case you didn't save installers,  use bundle installer / or download it again from 

1414537036_Custominstallation.thumb.jpg.0b16cfb589ec3e513be18ac1b42072ef.jpg

IMPORTANT! 

• When installing steelbeast to a custom location -> I hightly advice to create a separate folders for  "MAPS", "Steelbeast"  and "Map transfer tools"  
    • By default all the content is going to be installed into location you choose.  Steelbeast installer currendly does not create separate folder where it installs any of these.
      • MAPS is part that you install once and that you do not need to uninstall during updates. 
  • During installation progress always check and be aware WHERE you are installing and WHAT you are installing. 
    • "Do not install MAPS into Steelbeast base-game folder or if you do, at very least create folder maps in there before doing that!!!" (Only fix is to uninstall everything and start again)

2111329692_Installingtocustomlocation..jpg.d3013f0e07027bbe9448b44438718f32.jpg

------------------

We need guide for installing SB or parts of it to different location. / How to install maps in 2 or more bundles   

Edited by Lumituisku

• Members

Look, the release notes include a detailed guide/how-to. I don't think that an even more detailed guide is the solution when people have trouble with understanding basic principles of the operating system, or if they are oblivious of the status of free disc space on various drives. We have a bundle installer that is about as simple in its operation as it gets, but it cannot catch every possible combination of special local circumstances.

That I was out of office for a week and had computer trouble that prevented me from polling emails has certainly compounded on the problem. I'm sorry for that and assure you, it will remain the exception.