Is this new for the coming 4.3 or a feature in the classroom version?

thewood

2 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

image.png.f9520b2e0a702f33e970fd45c449837f.png

Leopard masked to T-72b3 look hilarious with floating MG3  xD

Knowing that the T-72b3 is more than likely coming, I hope that this masked feature will be added too. It’s a great design and very useful.

Edited by Assassin 7

4 hours ago, Assassin 7 said:

Knowing that the T-72b3 is more than likely coming, I hope that this masked feature will be added too. It’s a great design and very useful.

Seems highly unlikely, the first sentence in the video is "Available in the classroom version of SB Pro". But i may be wrong, of course.

Edit : That's a no (which I very well understand)

From YT Esim commentaries :

I understand that, but we have to keep the classroom version functionally different from the Personal Edition in certain key areas.

Edited by BlackDeath

6 minutes ago, BlackDeath said:

Seems highly unlikely, the first sentence in the video is "Available in the classroom version of SB Pro". But i may be wrong, of course.

Edit : That's a no (which I very well understand)

From YT Esim commentaries :

I understand that, but we have to keep the classroom version functionally different from the Personal Edition in certain key areas.

Thanks, yeah was suspecting this is the case. All well for the hopes

Edited by Assassin 7

• Members

Yeah, sorry. We discussed the Masking feature about a year or two ago here in the forum. No can do. To spell it out for some, we have to make sure that the Personal Edition stays "game enough" that it doesn't fall under export control law.

Just now, Ssnake said:

Yeah, sorry. We discussed the Masking feature about a year or two ago here in the forum. No can do. To spell it out for some, we have to make sure that the Personal Edition stays "game enough" that it doesn't fall under export control law.

So masking another Tank would fall under an export law? How so? As it’s explained in the video it’s another vehicle that is being crewed that is already in the Sim but looks different. Just asking. 

9 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

So masking another Tank would fall under an export law? How so? As it’s explained in the video it’s another vehicle that is being crewed that is already in the Sim but looks different. Just asking. 

You know what just disregard, I’m sure you have better stuff to attend to. Thanks for the reply, it’s appreciated and thanks for what you guys done so far. Can’t wait for the update 👍

• Members

Yes... the problem with export law as it applies to simulations like Steel Beasts, there is not that sharp dividing line that says, "if this of that feature is in it, it's export controlled". Effectively it's the sum of features that make the difference. Also nobody will give you a clear answer when you ask for advice, including the same authorities that are supposed to control your exports. Instead, it's the vendor's duty to self-assess and act accordingly, and export control authorities (US or Germany, no difference) reserve the right settle in court if your assessment was wrong. And that works like this: Someone decides that you are in violation of the law, then alers the state attorney across the street who then mobilizes the police, they raid your office and seize everything of potential utility value, including all backups that they can find. Then they start a forensic process that can take years, then the court proceedings which will take years, and finally the court might rule that eSim Games was innocent after all, or more likely, that the case is moot because eSim Games filed for bankruptcy right after the raid simply because: With computers and backups gone, you can't continue your business, without business you can't pay programmers and 3D artists, so everybody went for a new job the day after the raid, and their passion of working for future eSim Games has been substituted by passion for the reliable paychecks they get from Ordinary, Inc.

This in turn curbs my enthusiasm today to see how far I can go teetering the edge of the grey zone. Sure, if I were a shady arms dealer supplying an army of aggression I would probably deserve to go to jail for it. But the practical reality is that the office raid is the punishment, and the office can't be unraided, the business cannot be restored.