M2A2 TOW not working

oohsmah

I just recently got back into sb and hopped into the M2. I was going through the tutorials and got to the tow one but found I couldn't raise the launcher no matter what I tried. I double checked that I had it bound but still nothing. It only raises when I'm in the commander seat, but not when I am the gunner.

• Members

Have you checked the circular bubble level glass to see if the vehicle's inclination is within acceptable margins?

[Alt+C] would open the Controls dialog (anytime). Make sure that the "Raise launcher" hotkey is really the one that you think it is.

59 minutes ago, oohsmah said:

I just recently got back into sb and hopped into the M2. I was going through the tutorials and got to the tow one but found I couldn't raise the launcher no matter what I tried. I double checked that I had it bound but still nothing. It only raises when I'm in the commander seat, but not when I am the gunner.

Shift+Q raises. Shift+Z lowers.

You can also use the actual panel switch. 

image.thumb.png.653d4c9d6dcf42993649b561b3da7249.png

Edited by Mirzayev

I checked and it was level and ever raised when I got out of the gunners seat, but still didn't work when I tried to raise it. As far as using the switch panel, I'll click it and nothing happens the switch doesn't even move, the other switches on the panel work however.

• Members

ooshmah can apparently operate the Bradley --- just not raise the launcher. So the reason for that must lie in the scenario file, or a bug, or something like it. It's extremely unlikely that a reinstallation of the software itself will accomplish anything but waste ooshmah's time.

So, the TOW tutorial of the Bradley, you say?

I'll have a look at it.

41 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

ooshmah can apparently operate the Bradley --- just not raise the launcher. So the reason for that must lie in the scenario file, or a bug, or something like it. It's extremely unlikely that a reinstallation of the software itself will accomplish anything but waste ooshmah's time.

I'll have a look at it.

I tried first bradley tutorial.. Launcher raises and goes down and fires.  Didn't look at the second one yet.  O.o    I wonder..  maybe there is earlier tutorial where launcher is spoken about but that it is disabled at that tutorial?  Would be good to know exath name of tutorial to be able to check it out.   Also I wonder if there was bright red text on top right  saying "Missile launcher"     those bright red text on top right indicate damaged modules that may have been set to be "Disabled" by one who made mission so that trainee would not be able to operate some systems.  

Edited by Lumituisku

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I'll have a look at it.

Checked both of them. They work as intended as far as tow raising and lowering.