4.268 Leo 2A4 controls - KW, laser, ZÜ not working [as expected]

BlackIce
Go to solution Solved by Jartsev,

Hi!

I've come back to Steel Beasts after a long absence. Fantastic to see all the upgrades and improvements from v3.0 to v4.2!

However, I am struggling with the Leopard 2A4 commander controls now:

1. I can't seem to engage KW (which should be Num* key after going into KH with arrow up) and then also can't use the laser rangefinder (should be right mouse button or CTRL key). I even tried pushing the KW button in the turret interior view, which looks like it is interactive, but still, nothing. [I am in "DiSi" with F2.]
  2. I can't seem to switch directly from KH (arrow up) to ZÜ (arrow down) while observing through the Peri (F3). Instead, I need to hit cancel (P or mouse button 3) first. [This is to go directly from putting the gunner on target and then observe the shot.]

I have tried remapping the functions to different keys and mouse buttons, no luck.

Tutorial "16 Leo 2A4 TC B" mission text describes that both these things should work.

Would really appreciate help in making both of these work again!

Cheers,

Martin

Edited by BlackIce

• BlackIce changed the title to 4.268 Leo 2A4 controls - KW, laser, ZÜ not working [as expected]

1- I have had some problems with it too. Sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. 

To get to KW mode however it is

Shift + numpad * 

Maybe that helps? 

2 - umm 🤔 

That sounds weird since it works just fine to me. Have you done any changes to your keybindings? Maybe try saving your current keybindings and try using default keybindings? 

• Solution
12 hours ago, BlackIce said:

I can't seem to engage KW (which should be Num* key after going into KH with arrow up) and then also can't use the laser rangefinder (should be right mouse button or CTRL key). I even tried pushing the KW button in the turret interior view, which looks like it is interactive, but still, nothing. [I am in "DiSi" with F2.]

From v3 release notes:

...KW mode may now be entered from any mode but KH...

12 hours ago, BlackIce said:

I can't seem to switch directly from KH (arrow up) to ZÜ (arrow down) while observing through the Peri (F3). Instead, I need to hit cancel (P or mouse button 3) first. [This is to go directly from putting the gunner on target and then observe the shot.]

again from v3 release notes:

...KH mode may only be cancelled either by pressing peri cancel button or by releasing palm switch...

Mission briefing was not updated and does not reflect those changes