Kanium Sunday 29th of May "Poland Is Not Yet Lost!" by Apocalypse

Photos - Polish Armed Forces | Page 4 | MilitaryImages.Net

Kanium Sunday 29th of May "Poland Is Not Yet Lost!" by Apocalypse

For all players: From now on we will be there about 30 minutes before go time to test everything. If it isnt sorted before GO time, then we will have to start the game at the allotted time, for the benefit of all the other players.

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 

World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - adjusted for Daylight Savings Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube or Twitch channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

ChrisReb Mappack V.4

Untile further notice will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

map.thumb.jpg.0a4d8f8f2be5b39ef50cde4d8ba35958.jpg

2110163380_map2.thumb.jpg.b5f33e25103a8001aceb8ee78b61bc20.jpg

map3.thumb.jpg.c9f6a2188bd0dfc36acc8df636dd3bab.jpg

map4.thumb.jpg.a4d17cc56ad66cb25c69143312182122.jpg

Poland Is Not Yet Lost!
by Apocalypse

0. BACKGROUND

Following the events that unfolded since 2014 in Ukraine and elsewhere, then friction and tension steadily increased between Russia and their official and unofficial friends and de-facto allies and their opponents and critics.

Regardless of where one lays the blame, then for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction. But Newtons law does not only apply to physics. Words can create a reality, and not necessarily the reality that was intended by the person who spoke or wrote them. But with real and tangible effects none the less.

Russia being driven into a steadily more and more austere and then desperate political and economic position by sanctions from the West, including EU and USA, were faced with tough choices. Allthough China and other countries to some degree subverted the effect of the sanctions for various reasons by keeping up trade and to some degree support with and for Russia, then it was not just economic losses.

The casualties created tensions inside Russia. Much like the 1979-89 War in Afghanistan, then mothers started to question the goals and losses. However and to the great and mounting surprise and disbelief of most western politicians, this did not lead to the collapse of the leadership of Russia.

Despite the losses in Ukraine, the situation have stabilized to some degree with Russia sitting on the North and East of Ukraine. And they have scaled back the offensive and consolidated their positions. However this has not decreased the tension between Russia and NATO forces. EU have neither stepped up as a credible military deterrent, nor have they aligned politically with the effect that EU stand divided and weakened. And worse that they have weakened NATO by trying to create a much less strong alternative, and without the major force of NATO so USA.

For better or worse then Sweden and Finland have joined NATO, but are in the process of integrating command, procedures, tactics and equipment with the remaining NATO countries. This have neither calmed nor reassured the countries that share official and unofficial borders with Russia.

Creating a volatile and dangerous situation where large military forces are staring at each other, and with too little space separating them. A month ago the spark was lit. Russian forces came into contact with Polish forced and fire was exchanged.

Surprisingly to most military analysts this seemed to spark a pre-planned Russian plan and offensive, which even more surprisingly seemed to have much greater traction and success from a Russian perspective than the war in Ukraine. Russia attacking from several directions, including Byelorussia, managed to inflict sizeable losses on NATO units.

And even though they incurred significant losses themselves managed to push to Kalinki in south central Poland. That however was as far as they got.    

Mazurek Dabrowskiego!

I. SITUATION.

Enemy forces have attacked into Grudwa but we held on the outskirts by deteremined Polish defenders. The offensive has temporarily halted while Russian forces regroup for another attack and utilize the recently siezed Nisreni airfield to stage supplies and reinforcements.

The Russians have temporarily transitioned to a defense to hold their ground and are defending the area with a Mechanized Infantry Brigade (BMP-2) that consists of 2x mechanized infantry battalions supported by a Tank Battalion equipped with T-72B3´s (T72M4).

The battalion is also supported by a company of truck-mounted scouts (equipped with ATGM) as well as a dismounted platoon of ATGMs.   

II. MISSION

- Attack into the flanks of the enemy to seize Nisreni Airfield to dissolve a critical logistics node and relieve pressure from Grudwa.

III. EXECUTION

Fires
        1x FSO
        12x 120mm Mortars (On-Screen)
        9x 155mm Direct Support (Offscreen)

IV. SUPPORT

Organic Supply & Medical Assets

V. SIGNAL

Friendly ID: On
    Map Contacts: Enabled
    Overhead View: On

TESTSCENARIO:

Apocalypse_H2R_PolandIsNotYetLost TEST.sce

To enable you to download and verify that everything works beforehand.

OBSERVE: We have more PLTs of everything. You can and will get what you want - these are the PLTs that I would like initially manned, pending corrections from whoever takes the CO slot.

Manning:

TF Odwaga Command 

HQ66 (M1A2 (SEP)): Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

HQ65 (M1A2 (SEP)):

HQ FST (PiranhaIIIC TACP):

A1 (M1A2 (SEP))

A11 Badger (Kanium,CAN)
A12

A13 Boyfriend Material (?,?)

A14 Higgs (Kanium,CH)

A2 (M1A2 (SEP))

A21 Major Duck (Kanium,DK), Wallross (?,?)

A22

A23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

A24 Lusik (?,PL), Combat Wasp (Kanium,US)

A3 (M1A2 (SEP))

A31 Apocalypse (TankSim,US)

A32 Hedgehog (UKarmour,UK)

A33

A34 Figmo42 (?,UK)

D1 (CENTAURO B1 w. AVEPS)

D11 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

D12

D13

D14

B1 (NZLAV-IMV)

B11 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

B12 Snoggy (Kanium,CAN)

B13 .BG. (?,SE)

B14 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

B2 (NZLAV-IMV)

B21 Grenny (Kanium,DE)

B22 Simcoe (?,?)

B23

B24 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

HQ 2 (CSS): 2 X Supply & 2 x Medic

HQ 3, 4 AND 5: 3 X SP MTR, PIRANHA V AAAMS X 4 TUBES

G1: UAV SPERWER

OPFOR: 

Nike-Ajax, no more needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

JAG-11A (Kanium,US)

Assassin (Kanium,US)

Hosting:

Assassin

(21/21)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

1 hour ago, Simcoe said:

New player here. Either B11 or B22, whichever you think is best for a first timer.

First and foremost:

Welcome !

We are always happy to see new players. So let me just outline how we usually do it:

Depending on your experience what we generally do is pair you up with an experienced player as gunner. This will give you a soft and hopefully good start.

The software, commands and how we interact is not very complex, but its usually a handful for most the first time.

We only have a very few strict rules, and only really three that are enforced:

1. We play in our sparetime and to have fun. Real life always takes precedence - but its nice as the guy who arranges it, if you can give me a heads up beforehand if you cant make it. We leave drama at the door, because we dont have to necessarily agree with what other people feel, think or mean to play with each other.
2. You need to be able to communicate. So you need a microphone and understand english and communicate in the same language. But you do not need to have an eloquent pronunciation or a large and academic vocabulary. We have people from across the world and this almost always works out. 

3. We have voluntary discipline. The voluntary bit is whether or not you choose to play with us. We dont do yes sir no sir or use ranks. But if you are given an order in a session we expect you to execute it to the best of your abilities, or ask if its unclear.

And finally: We can play the sessions and scenarios we do because new people join us: So we try our best to give them a warm welcome, because without new players our numbers would fall due to all the good and valid reasons that people stop playing, which we respect 100%.

And never stay away because you are inexperienced or unsure: Whatever mistake you make - and you will make plenty - then all the experienced players have ALL made them at least twice in the past.

Please join us about 30 mins early on TS so we can sort out all the technical issues and comms.
And if you have any questions, then contact either @Major duck or myself. We are happy to help.

SO ...

Short version: Do you want to be a gunner for your first run or do you want your own tank. Entirely up to you 😁 

1 hour ago, Nike-Ajax said:

First and foremost:

Welcome !

We are always happy to see new players. So let me just outline how we usually do it:

Depending on your experience what we generally do is pair you up with an experienced player as gunner. This will give you a soft and hopefully good start.

The software, commands and how we interact is not very complex, but its usually a handful for most the first time.

We only have a very few strict rules, and only really three that are enforced:

1. We play in our sparetime and to have fun. Real life always takes precedence - but its nice as the guy who arranges it, if you can give me a heads up beforehand if you cant make it. We leave drama at the door, because we dont have to necessarily agree with what other people feel, think or mean to play with each other.
2. You need to be able to communicate. So you need a microphone and understand english and communicate in the same language. But you do not need to have an eloquent pronunciation or a large and academic vocabulary. We have people from across the world and this almost always works out. 

3. We have voluntary discipline. The voluntary bit is whether or not you choose to play with us. We dont do yes sir no sir or use ranks. But if you are given an order in a session we expect you to execute it to the best of your abilities, or ask if its unclear.

And finally: We can play the sessions and scenarios we do because new people join us: So we try our best to give them a warm welcome, because without new players our numbers would fall due to all the good and valid reasons that people stop playing, which we respect 100%.

And never stay away because you are inexperienced or unsure: Whatever mistake you make - and you will make plenty - then all the experienced players have ALL made them at least twice in the past.

Please join us about 30 mins early on TS so we can sort out all the technical issues and comms.
And if you have any questions, then contact either @Major duck or myself. We are happy to help.

SO ...

Short version: Do you want to be a gunner for your first run or do you want your own tank. Entirely up to you 😁 

Thank you very much. I'll take my own IFV/LAV if that's possible

10 minutes ago, Simcoe said:

Thank you very much. I'll take my own IFV/LAV if that's possible

You're welcome to pick B22 if you want.

Just get the basics of handling the NZLAV (how to laze'n'lay the gun, mounting/dismounting infantry, how to use the TC-MG...) and we're good to go.

See you sunday....

6 minutes ago, Grenny said:

You're welcome to pick B22 if you want.

Just get the basics of handling the NZLAV (how to laze'n'lay the gun, mounting/dismounting infantry, how to use the TC-MG...) and we're good to go.

See you sunday....

B22 it is. Thanks! 

Welcome @Simcoe and @Wallross

Have you been through our setup session with TS3 setup, SB check and mappack install and expectation's etc...
Ping me on either Tanksim or Kanium Discord to get installed as if you show up 15 mins before game time it will be to late if you don't catch me i will be on 1 hour before game time start on Sunday on Kanium TS 3

I think i or Lumi have done @Lusik otherwise the same will apply to you.

So somehow make sure that you are setup as the 20+ players hopefully will not wait for you.
I will be at my computer later tonight and tomorrow so if you haven't done the process catch Me, Lumi or Nike-Ajax

Best regards
MD