Hype Thread - 2022

"don't you dare to call it otherwise"

image.jpeg.934676fb37be6a94af5b6adc7f4268b8.jpeg

STRIX is fired like a conventional mortar round. The round contains an infrared imaging sensor that it uses to guide itself onto any tank or armoured fighting vehicle in the vicinity where it lands. The seeker is designed to ignore targets that are already burning.

Those guided mortar rounds looks deadly. Will we see tanks with flares, one day?

Edited by BlackDeath

• Members
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/C9ON9V3pgcc
20 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Is there any chance of publishing “normal” YouTube videos as well?

So what you can do is to

1. click the link to the 'shorts' youtube
  2. look at the address bar, which looks something like this https://www.youtube.com/shorts/C9ON9V3pgcc
  3. copy the text/ID after the 'shorts', ie C9ON9V3pgcc
  4. open a new browser window/tab, paste the following link into the address bar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
  5. append the 'shorts' video ID C9ON9V3pgcc
  6. press ENTER

That's what I do..

2 hours ago, BlackDeath said:

STRIX is fired like a conventional mortar round. The round contains an infrared imaging sensor that it uses to guide itself onto any tank or armoured fighting vehicle in the vicinity where it lands. The seeker is designed to ignore targets that are already burning.

Those guided mortar rounds looks deadly. Will we see tanks with flares, one day?

Maybe,

But they'd have to big and replicate a burning tank.

Which I suspect may be counter productive to "not being seen"

On 6/8/2022 at 8:53 PM, Ssnake said:

Sleep it over, and by tomorrow this time maybe you can decide.

Ive slept over it twice now and came to the conclusion I am most exited over the STRIX round, the Grkpbv90 is a nice delivery system but STRIX offers a new ability that will affect the battlespace, SMART/BONUS for mortars! 

/KT

• Members

Not sure how heat blur effects translate to water, aside from the wibbly-wobbly part. So: No. The purpose of the heat blur effect was to make observation ot target hits easier (impact flash now more visible) while observations of misses whould become more difficult (Over? short? left? RIght? Who knows!).

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Not sure how heat blur effects translate to water, aside from the wibbly-wobbly part. So: No. The purpose of blur effect was to make observation ot target hits easier (impact flash now more visible) while observations of misses whould become more difficult (Over? short? left? RIght? Who knows!).

You are right, it was the wibbly wobbly part :P. I assumed the concept or the process to replicate the heat shimmering or heat blur would be relatively similar(with different calculations to replicate water waves) for water. Since it is a transparent shader that could be laid on top of the water texture. But that is just me spitballing since this is way above my very basic understanding of things like this. Oh, and what directx version is it going to be(if it is possible to know it this soon)? I hope we can say goodbye to DX9 and get some more frames.