Hype Thread - 2022

• Members
1 hour ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Which means you have to adapt to the parameters of the platform ... still lethal when used correctly ...

Yes... but you could make the same argument for a pointy stick - "under the right circumstances" and "if employed correctly" it "can" be "still lethal". 😜

6 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Looks like the AH1 still can't hit anything. 😞

Also not using its nose-mounted 20mm against soft targets. 

This version has a nose mounted 40mmx53 AGL, and a 7.62mmx51 gatling(the MG is not modeled in SB tough AFAIK)

• Members

I can only pack one minute into this video format, so by necessity I'm just showing what the f'in' topic is about, a change in the behavior. I note that you have nothing to criticize about that. A word of appreciation now and then would also be welcome by a team that's working their collective asses off.

I don't expect that everything we do is uncritically lapped up. Still, it would be nice if raised criticism wasn't founded on assumptions that may turn out to be somewhat premature.

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I can only pack one minute into this video format, so by necessity I'm just showing what the f'in' topic is about, a change in the behavior. I note that you have nothing to criticize about that. A word of appreciation now and then would also be welcome by a team that's working their collective asses off.

I don't expect that everything we do is uncritically lapped up. Still, it would be nice if raised criticism wasn't founded on assumptions that may turn out to be somewhat premature.

Helicopters don’t come with coke and hookers 0/5.

More automation is always good.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I suspect the vast majority do appreciate the efforts.

Yes, I know that. Still doesn't hurt to see it in writing once in a while, so I can pass it on to the team. What's really grating me is when I create a video showing an issue addressed that was severely criticized by one user in particular, and that same user shows then no sign of appreciation but rather complains about something that the video doesn't even attempt to show.

It's a déja-vu of the Leopard 1A5 with the cast turret in 2013 which was lobbied for by an insane campaign by one particular user, and his first public reaction was that the padlocks in the texture were of "the wrong type" (when they actually were of that specific type on the vehicle that we used as a reference). I'm only human, I don't react well to this because it signals to the team that the amount of effort they put into the work doesn't matter. This is not the kind of incentive that you want to set.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

What's really grating me is when I create a video showing an issue addressed that was severely criticized by one user in particular, and that same user shows then no sign of appreciation but rather complains about something that the video doesn't even attempt to show

I think we have vastly different definitions of "severely". 

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

This is not the kind of incentive that you want to set

I'll send you a direct email for further correspondence on this. No need to threaten me.

Edited by Apocalypse 31

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

GOOD JOB ESIM TEAM!

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

Well, the AH-1 can hit targets with rockets and ATGMs, but yes its been a known issue that the 40mm GL on it has trouble (it has to do with the ballistics of the grenades, or some such).  It's on the list.

***ALL HAIL the_List!!!***

Also Meh about the Heli routefinding yes its better and rocket runs are a thing.

But

ZOMFG!!!!!

DID I SEE AN ACTUAL FUCKING INFANTRY TRENCH???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH INFANTRY USING SAID TRENCH?????????????

🤩

THE

SINGLE

BIGGEST

IMPROVEMENT

IN

SB

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand more videos of trenches.

Now.

Please.

I’m always thankful for upgrade from eSim. I discovered this simulation in 2007 completely by accident. 
in the early 80’s a friend of mine (who was in the Canadian Forces at the time) introduced me to metal miniatures of modern AFV’s. 
We set up two 8x3’ tables side by side, dropped sock piles here and there and then covered it with a green blanket and stapled the blanket around the socks and bam, instant hills. 
We would get into all types of war games based on what he was doing for real during exercises out in the field with CF.  
We could only dream of something like ProPE. 

Thanks gents, lots of lost time enjoying your sim, I will always support your product with my wallet and gratitude. 
The future is bright. 

Big salute from me. 

7 hours ago, mpow66m said:

GOOD JOB ESIM TEAM!

agree i think im more pumped about this then  any other update...i say that every update lol...i probably haven't been playing as long as some but this sim has come so far its crazy...love we are getting a t72 with thermals also...

• Members
6 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

ZOMFG!!!!!

DID I SEE AN ACTUAL FUCKING INFANTRY TRENCH?

All the pain we went through from 2014 to 2019 eventually had to pay off (that was the plan, at least). Anti-tank ditches, road ramps and leveling were first, but after AI adaptations we now have them, yes.

Speaking of pay-off --- today's video will show what one of our team members has been tinkering with for a good while now. I'll leave it to him to post the video, it's his after all.