Hype Thread - 2022

• Members
2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Any improvements to the Map Editor?

There'll be a minor feature shown in a video later this week. There were bug fixes that shall be listed in the Release Notes, and those will contain a chapter about each editor (among other chapters).

Our development focus is on a completely new Map Editor for version 5 (not ready yet, obviously), and on bringing the features and vehicles developed over the last two or three years into this PE version. So, don't expect revolutionary revelations.

53 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There'll be a minor feature shown in a video later this week. There were bug fixes that shall be listed in the Release Notes, and those will contain a chapter about each editor (among other chapters).

Our development focus is on a completely new Map Editor for version 5 (not ready yet, obviously), and on bringing the features and vehicles developed over the last two or three years into this PE version. So, don't expect revolutionary revelations.

I believe you just made a revolutionary revelation :)

• Members

That we're working on version 5 is not a secret to any regular reader on this forum. I'm usually not reporting much because we're still in early stages of the development, and talking about a pie in the sky isn't helping anyone right now in the best of cases, and might create a wrong impression that version 5 is just around the corner in the worst case.

That the Map Editor is in the most urgent need of renovation is also rather obvious. We neglected its development for a long while. I could go into the reasons behind these decisions, but it's probably sufficient to say that we originally were too optimistic about what 3rd party software could deliver, then we tried to find a stop-gap solution that effectively went out of the window with the transition to the map packages data format. Last but not least, when faced with prioritization decisions, for every feature to win, a dozen others lose.

So, yes. The Map Editor needs improvements most urgently, so it seems to be the logical starting point for practical version 5 development.

4 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

So, yes. The Map Editor needs improvements most urgently, so it seems to be the logical starting point for practical version 5 development.

Please let me know if any feedback is required for certain aspects, features, or capabilities. I use the editor frequently and would gladly provide input. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:12 AM, Ssnake said:

Well, the T-72B3 can fire tube-launched AT-11 missiles... so, to answer your question: This July.

🙂

I feel I should bump this.  This is a new feature, that no other playable vehicle in SB has ever had.

9M119M Refleks

Range: 5,000 meters, or 3.1 miles

Penetration: 700–900 mm of RHA

This missile, on its own puts the T-72B3 into the Elite class of playable tanks in-game now.  Granted, I think "at best" tanks were expected to only carry 1-2 of this $40,000 missile.   But it is very nasty, and near zero dispersion.   So yeah, with this weapon it should best every other playable tank in-game at extreme ranges. 

Getting killed by a damned T-72 @ 5,000 meters!??, its now a thing.

Edited by RogueSnake79

definitely threatening for a sandbox simulator- in reality the cost and availability of the gun fired missiles mean there aren't much of them to go around, which is why finding videos or even anecdotes of them actually being used in real world combat are very rare to non-existent. for a simulation not inherently limited by supplies or cost, it most definitely should be a real threat to any western tank- which i know from experience facing the AI controlled t-90 tanks, which are both accurate and very fast with their ATGM, almost as difficult to avoid as sabot rounds at close enough range and often doing much more damage.

for most cases i would design scenarios to put limitations on them, chances of encountering these missiles should be rare, and therefore i think a more powerful t-72 sort of gives the wrong impression of what sort of threat the t-72 should be- unless of course the particular scenario is deliberately designed for some reason to take advantage of them. the option is welcome, but within limitations- and it makes them more valuable precisely if they were rare and not abundant in their loadouts, encouraging preserving them until necessary rather than just slinging them at everything that moves

5 hours ago, RogueSnake79 said:

I feel I should bump this.  This is a new feature, that no other playable vehicle in SB has ever had.

9M119M Refleks

Range: 5,000 meters, or 3.1 miles

Penetration: 700–900 mm of RHA

This missile, on its own puts the T-72B3 into the Elite class of playable tanks in-game now.  Granted, I think "at best" tanks were expected to only carry 1-2 of this $40,000 missile.   But it is very nasty, and near zero dispersion.   So yeah, with this weapon it should best every other playable tank in-game at extreme ranges. 

Getting killed by a damned T-72 @ 5,000 meters!??, its now a thing.

Can we see a Demo of the 9M119M being fired from the Gunner’s position soon? From one of you SB Testing Team please. I believe Nike and other SB Players would enjoy a demo like this. 

Edited by Assassin 7