Hype Thread - 2022

1 hour ago, RogueSnake79 said:

Yes, the Hind got a minor artwork update.  Gave it some parts it shared with the Hip, like the pilots.   Just trying to get a few more miles out of the old girl before Dejawolf has to redo it (big job).

Looks very nice. Thanks for the pilots. New rotors look great too.

Edited by Scrapper_511
Repetitive comment

• Members

There will be a separate video about that topic.

Generally though, the helicopters' evasive weave will work against any gun system that fires bursts, as long as the distance is long enough; it doesn't grant them immunity, but they are no longer automatically dead meat if flying straight and having line of sight for more than two seconds.

So, the weave works against ZSU-23/4, ZU-23/2 (on Technical truck), 2S6 Tunguska (if firing guns). Against missiles that chances aren't as good, but occasionally there will be near misses. We may need to adjust some parameters to get those chances right; the problem is, of course, that such figures aren't easy to come by.

• Members

I don't know. It may have been "unorthodox" when the Israelis did it the first time in 1982 against Syrian Gazelle anti-tank helicopters. It had become a standard situation (and thus, orthodoxy ;)) in my Leopard 2 gunnery training around 1990, and was planned for as the elusive "Munition C" in the Leopard 2 fire control system since the beginning, and the US Army adopted M831 MPAT not the least specifically as an anti-helicopter round with proximity fuze settings.

11 minutes ago, DK-DDAM said:

thank you.. I did spend a heck of a time doing that... and then adjust the roads..

Properly curved roads are very important for the overall impression of the map.

Tak, DK (I can see from your signature that we were in the same regiment once :))

On 6/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, DK-DDAM said:

thank you.. I did spend a heck of a time doing that... and then adjust the roads..

Hi DK

Remember when you first showed it a long time ago i promised to not use it before you said it was ready.
I consider that promise to be void with the release 👍 😋

MD

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Looks like an interesting platform for OPFOR and by extension to face off against BLUEFOR.

Many things I like with it, but mostly that I can now override and fire it myself if VI/AI gets quirky.

And thanks for the shoutout ! 😁

Will it still be as sensitive to firing from level ground ?