Hype Thread - 2022

On 6/28/2022 at 7:53 AM, Ssnake said:

new feature briefly at :04 the AH-1 is resting at ground level with the rotors off and the canopy open. this may seem trivial to the newcomer, but it was very difficult if not impossible to simulate grounded helicopters at FARPS or airbases before either as passive targets or as immersive scenery.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

I stopped to play this game because the performance are very often bad..and I have a gtx3080, an I10, 64GB ram....but fps are very low (honestly it depends from the mix)..and the graphic appearance is outdated compared to today's standard..beyond that, let's leave the cumbersome system for using maps and scenarios..im sorry, I wanted to use it again but urge has passed

• Members

I suppose you have ground clutter cranked up all the way to 100?

Reduce it to 50, observe the frame rates. The user's manual lists all the settings in descending order of influence on the framerate. With minimal tinkering you will get high framerates most of the time.

2 hours ago, jena73 said:

I stopped to play this game because the performance are very often bad...

Then you might be happy with current 4.2 version's performance. My hardware is a tad worse than yours, but performance is consistently good. The new visual effects surprised me the most - especially all the action you see through the optics - when I recently got back to SB and upgraded from 4.1. Maybe give SB a second chance?

I stopped to play this game because the performance are very often bad..and I have a gtx3080, an I10, 64GB ram....but fps are very low (honestly it depends from the mix)..and the graphic appearance is outdated compared to today's standard..beyond that, let's leave the cumbersome system for using maps and scenarios..im sorry, I wanted to use it again but urge has passed

Something is broken on your PC.  I have both a 2080 laptop and a 3080 laptop.  Both run 60 fps in the benchmark with graphics settings set to max.  They both have i9 desktop cpus though.  So I would check your PC before complaining about performance.

..also, using the map transfer tools makes things at lot easier. The map gets automaticly dowloaded when you start the sce.  If the map author uploaded them to the server...

8 hours ago, jena73 said:

I hope only in a better fps and a smooth graphics… i have SB frm 2016…… now is too old the engine……i think about ghpc…

I'm a Patreon supporter for GHPC and it's going to be years before it plays as good as steel beasts. It'll never match the scope of steel beasts either. It is pretty though, I'll give it that. My computer is half as powerful as yours and plays steel beasts great. With the graphics turned up pretty good. 

6 hours ago, jena73 said:

The graphic appearance is outdated compared to today's standard..

Still the only game i know featuring 10+ km viewrange.

Besides, if you'd dig the sim deep enough, you would have gone beyond those so called outdated graphics, considering the possibility it offers.

About FPS, i didn't see any issue with my almost 4 years computer.

It’s lovely when people defend a favorite or fond game…but i think that game honestly its time has passed and it need a complete renovation they’re not enough a patch with some updates…people if you find it beautiful keep playing with it…unfortunately not my case! Good luck