Hype Thread - 2022

2 hours ago, delta6 said:

Will the Jaguars work now??

They've destroyed many a T-72 on my PC (edit: even in dug-in position).

Thanks for the update, Ssnake. Looking forward to 4.3 at the end of the month (I pre-ordered 🙂).

Edited by Scrapper_511

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

How do they not work, right now?

I put them in dug in positions loaded up with missiles clear field of view with enemy armor rolling by and they just sit there..Targets are 3100 meters out, fire at will..Seems like they can't find will..

So here's a question.  I'm roughing an update for the BTR-82A page on the wiki and noticed that the BTR-82 is computer controlled.  Does it follow that the primary weapon on the BTR-82A will be selectable between the 14.5mm (BTR-82) and the 30mm in the mission editor?

1 minute ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

So here's a question.  I'm roughing an update for the BTR-82A page on the wiki and noticed that the BTR-82 is computer controlled.  Does it follow that the primary weapon on the BTR-82A will be selectable between the 14.5mm (BTR-82) and the 30mm in the mission editor?

I doubt it.

You can't specify a weapon in the Mission Editor for other vehicles (apart from say reducing the ammunition allocation to 0 for the weapons you don't want the AI to use).

1 hour ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

Separate entries

On 7/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, Ssnake said:

No, you don't. 😜

Anyway, we may not have a video tomorrow, life got in the way, and I need some time to compile the Release Notes, which are going to be rather massive (looking at you, CV90/35) even if not everything that changed lends immediately to a video to present such change. Case in point, CV90/35 fire control system is probably the most complex one that ever made it into SB Pro, on initially very sketchy to non-existent ducumentation. This was changed a while ago but couldn't be merged with the main branch, until 4.3

There's some other cases like that, not all of them resulting in spectacularly long Release Note entries, but still.

4.3 basically is the culmination of a lot of behind-the-scenes work.

Comeon @Ssnake the CV9035DK FCS system is not complex at all... its rather straight forward..

50 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Indeed, I was speaking of the Dutch version, which is now slated for more gizmos to be added.

I believe we have a small greenhouse with integrated, multi sensor irrigation for a steady crop of 'Nederwiet' to optimize crew moral. Also to win hearts and minds on peacekeeping missions. Must be quite a task to implement this feature.