Hype Thread - 2022

• Moderators
On 7/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, Grenny said:

Just a brief explanation of the M60A3 vs M60A3(TTS), since I can briefly come out of my cave:

Yes, although the the M60A3 (non-TTS) took a lot of work, it is not a huge difference but the intent was to allow a non-thermal version of the M60A3 to be placed into scenarios, without the scenario designer having to damage the TIS and have an inoperable TIS seen in the interior, with also the tank having the name of "M60A3(TTS)" where "TTS" identified that it had a thermal sight. With the TIS disabled, the name of the vehicle confused everyone, and required the scenario designer to explain in notes that no one would read. 😂

So, it eliminates this messy and confusing situation when the designer simply wanted the version of the tank that didn't have the thermal sight, which actually most non-US nations that used the M60A3 had, and is the version of the tank the US had in the late 70s.  (It was also done to show favor to the Austrians too, who provided access to that version of the M60A3 that they had in service).

So if we all keep that in mind, then it should be a pretty good improvement (it's not so much about the gunner's IR sight). 😁

• Members

Hopefully, the SB5 engine will satisfy my technical demands for night-fighting. Because, frankly, I have yet to see games that do darkness justice beyond mere visual effects.

It should be noted that this will be yet another pure PE feature, once implemented, because training usually doesn't want it.

17 hours ago, Volcano said:

So, it eliminates this messy and confusing situation when the designer simply wanted the version of the tank that didn't have the thermal sight, which actually most non-US nations that used the M60A3 had, and is the version of the tank the US had in the late 70s.  (It was also done to show favor to the Austrians too, who provided access to that version of the M60A3 that they had in service).

The Austrians acquired M60A1s and later upgraded them to A3. Didn't all of them got TTS? Do they still have M60A1s in the original configuration?

I was under the impression that all non-TTS M60A3s were retrofitted with TTS by the mid-'80s.

2 minutes ago, Marko said:

question.

will the APS currently modelled in game be a defence against the sprite

I Doubt it, the Sprite flies too high, APS Radar scans just above the horizon like 5 degrees, Tech level isn't Hammser Slammers just yet.

1 hour ago, Count Sessine said:

Ok I know we're really mature here and not supposed to be overly excited about anything, but wheeeeen is the update coming out? :))

Assuming all goes well

It'll be no sooner than middle of next week.

Tuesday is the Beta Tester feedback deadline.

Assuming the team (who are all working like blue arsed flies at the moment) dont find anything,

eSim programmers still need to build the update install package etc.

This is my educated guess,

I do not work for eSim.

Do not quote this as gospel.

Edited by Hedgehog

10 minutes ago, Marko said:

question.

will the APS currently modelled in game be a defence against the sprite

What are the chances of shooting one out of the sky.

assuming you can spot one with say autocannon with Airburst ammo

Have any of the Beta testers tried it.