Hype Thread - 2022

• Members

Soooo... there's one last bug that seems to be blocking a release. Assuming that it can be addressed today or tomorrow, then verified by the day after, we'd have a candidate release for 4.3

Not a perfect candidate maybe, but a decent one that's going to give you something new to explore and tinker with, the one or other visual improvement we haven't even mentioned yet.

Failing a release by Friday might still allow for a release on August 5th (Plan F, or something), but I'd rather avoid that delay.

I have a little itcy bitcy question about

It says it got 8km range, how does it log on at that range as i have seen M1 and Leo 2 s optics at 4-5 KM and Russia is not exactly known for superior optics let alone TIS so somebody please come up with a believable explanation please ?

• Members
5 minutes ago, Cruiser114 said:

I see it says "pre order" on the shop page, does this mean the dongle will ship when the 4.3 release comes out? 

No, the CM sticks have been shipped out soon after your purchase, if your order included a CM stick (upgrade licenses work with existing CM sticks, time-limited licenses don't need one).

So, they should arrive "soon". Until then your Classic License ticket contains a one-month license that you can use while the CM stick is in transit.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Major duck said:

I have a little itcy bitcy question about [Kornet-D]
It says it got 8km range, how does it log on at that range as i have seen M1 and Leo 2 s optics at 4-5 KM and Russia is not exactly known for superior optics let alone TIS so somebody please come up with a believable explanation please ?

I don't know what explanation you would consider "believable". Seems like you can't believe that Russia can build high-magnification optics (even amateur astronomical telescopes have the needed light-collection capability and magnification). Russia has been building domestic thermal imagers since the mid 1980s, even if in small numbers. That's almost 40 years.

In short, Russia has put Kornet-EM missiles on this anti-tank vehicle. These missiles have a range of 8km. It appears to be a reasonable assumption that the target acquisition system has been tailored to the missile's capabilities.

Its fire control system is even better than what our engince can currently handle (two missiles in rapid succession on two targets simultaneously, so four missiles in the air at the same time).

If you don't believe that the system can do what the manufacturer sayst it can, use a shorter-ranged Kornet missile, or don't use the vehicle in your scenarios. It's intended to represent the upper edge of current technology, a peer/above peer threat.

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I suppose the idea was mine, the actualy implementation was given to a professional artist.

Was just curious was Watching a show about famous logos....Amazon,Fed Ex ect. and thier hidden meanings.I wonder how many SB players dont relise theres a tank in the logo.Ok bk to the hype thread.

Please hurry... I've been craving some SB action... When I first heard about the new update and did my pre-order, I deleted the last version to give me a break from it for a while and to make sure I got a good clean new install when released... was fine for about a week then started wanted to play again. I'm getting the shakes and cold sweats! lol

3 hours ago, Magnum50 said:

Please hurry... I've been craving some SB action... When I first heard about the new update and did my pre-order, I deleted the last version to give me a break from it for a while and to make sure I got a good clean new install when released... was fine for about a week then started wanted to play again. I'm getting the shakes and cold sweats! lol

Just download the current version. The upgrade works fine. 

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We have a Release Candidate. It's being tested as I'm writing this.

*Prepares Small rodent for sacrifice*

Recite my brothers and sisters!

The prayer of monopatchism!

Our List,

Who art in implementation,

Hallowed be thye contents,

Thye contents be stored,

On mass storage,

As it is on eSim servers,

Forgive us our daily patches, as we forgive those bugs which trespass into features.

And crashes to desktop.

Update.

***All hail the_List***

:P

(Probably jinxed it now, haven't I?)

Edited by Hedgehog

14 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Next week, sorry. Last minute blocker bug. Terrible fix. Unfixed. Fixed differently, needs more testing, some new network issues - in short, no dice. :(

It is what it is. Better fix it properly than release early to hotfix later. Have a good weekend!

• Members
5 hours ago, thewood said:

This has kind of become the anti-hype thread.

I wouldn't have chosen such a thread title to begin with. But I'm not actively trying to dissuade anyone that the release of a new SB Pro PE version is reason for excitement. 😃

It's just that it's been like this for most releases. We aim for a date, and are late by a month or so by the time that the pieces fall into place. You never know if you find something until you start looking, and you can't start looking before a feature isn't "mostly complete".