I'm now confused as to which pre-order?

Wolfseven

so which one?

I have 4.268. 

the only way to buy pre-order is to have 4.1 license? So, 4.2 isn't allowed? because I have purchased the full version years ago. $175.00 plus upgrades, so nothing for us 4.2 guys? or is 4.1, actually 4.2? or are we doing core math here?

I don't know core math, I only know real world math and not this coremath crap.

cunfused4_1to4_2to4.3.thumb.jpg.91eadb79fb75ef8a8cf65fdf7fee0b38.jpg

Edited by Wolfseven

On 6/9/2022 at 9:07 AM, Parachuteprone said:

If you have the latest 4.268 you need the $40 upgrade to 4.3 is my understanding.

At least that's what I bought.

Or if you have any 4.1 or 4.2 version for that matter

40.00 thats not bad at all,thats about an quarter of a tank of gas.lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Not free? se we had a charge from 4.0 to 4.1 and now again from 4.2 to 4.3? are we gonig to be charged with every new minor update? because the engine is almost the same. Incredible. I also have to eat.

Edited by Japo32

Yes, I know that is valid... and that is the one I will use. But is not a matter of years... if you realease an update each 6 month, then it is not the same as in every1-2 release patches and updates. And remember that you didn't make any update (cero) before the 4.1 for some time (I think more than 3 years?)

I undestood that with the new terrain feature we had to support the team because the effort, but now in 4.3? Yes.. some new vehicles, maybe mirage effect heat distance... and of course some improvements in simulation, that will keep the fan people happy. 

But clearly for me this is not a deserved payware update. Specially when I don't find any people around me that plays SteelBeast, because all the people says it is expensive. And of course I understand that you have to pay bills (that I suppose you also has the military contracts to support you). But it is totally demostrated that the same product with lower price IF sell much number of copies, can make more proffit than with the higher price. Previously appart of 4.0 to 4.1 we payed each change of first number... now I see that is not going to be the case.... 

Anyway.. it is your business. I am off now, even I have supported SB and made recomendations to the people to buy it since 3.0. If a day I see a significan change specially in gameplay I will be in. Of course if I don't have to pay again 100$ to update... that I suppose it will be the case (I already paid from 3.0 to 4.2 190$. Are the newcommers to 4.3 going to pay 230$ as I would have to pay to enjoy it?). I would be happy to pay 40$ or even 50$ if we where in a 5.0 version with new maps better nowadays graphics leaving at last the directx we have... with the missing 3d interior tanks complete and PBR textures. And of course single player gameplay, that I still don't understand that are people that still don't see necesary in a game.

good luck.

Edited by Japo32

I find it hard for those who kick tires about a paid upgrade. $40 does not even get you a decent meal at a reasonable restaurant these days. 

By contrast, Diablo: Immortal is a free to play mobile game but in order to reach maximum levels it will require the gamer to fork out over $200k USD. 

Updates are free here. Upgrades are about $40. Nothing to complain about. 

and again the example of "it cost a meal". It is true.. it cost less than an meal. But start to count all those little payments you do. I think I don't remember when I went last time to have a meal.

As I said, there will be people pleased to pay whatever is asked for their hobby. No problem at all. You see it as an upgrade and not an update... I don't see it at all like that. And the example given that they charge us each 3 years is a bad example:

We paid from the 3.x to 4.0 40$ if I remember well.. We received some updates for the 4.0x versions and then eSimGames stopped releasing anything, almost abandon the product because they had to deal with their military private contracts. We waited 3 years to have the 4.1 update and they told us that the ammount of effort put in it deserved an update charge that we paid (the ones that did it). They didn't talk when was the next charge to be. Of course I was a fool and imagined that with 4.X to 5.0... and now after several months again without any updates, it is charged again 40$. Next one what will be? 4.4 to 4.5? Would be nice to inform us what is the roadmap of their releases.

Again.. this is just a rant. I am not going to change anything so "go on..." but next one to have the rant can be anyone of you that now is paying "happy" that fee for the same engine, because in fact still is a 4.x version. So no much changed it.

I understand eSimGames has to survive and pay bills. And I clearly see that the most of the changes usually comes from new vehicles (of course appart of other features). Why don't you just grab the DCS method and sell tanks each x months. You release a vehicle each time, but the core system updates would be free for ever. I could play with other people without spending an update, because I did once those 120$, but couldn't use the vehicle released.

Of course esim can say that they cannot do that. Well..... anything can be done in computing, so "cannot do it" is "we don't want to" but as said.. this is their business and I totally understand that those people that enjoy day by day the product pay whatever is needed to enjoy it. The same is the people that is lost in the path. It is not easy to catch new players. I know as I also sell videogames.

4 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

We paid from the 3.x to 4.0 40$ if I remember well.. We received some updates for the 4.0x versions and then eSimGames stopped releasing anything, almost abandon the product because they had to deal with their military private contracts. We waited 3 years to have the 4.1 update and they told us that the ammount of effort put in it deserved an update charge that we paid (the ones that did it). They didn't talk when was the next charge to be. Of course I was a fool and imagined that with 4.X to 5.0... and now after several months again without any updates, it is charged again 40$. Next one what will be? 4.4 to 4.5? Would be nice to inform us what is the roadmap of their releases.

Again.. this is just a rant. I am not going to change anything so "go on..." but next one to have the rant can be anyone of you that now is paying "happy" that fee for the same engine, because in fact still is a 4.x version. So no much changed it.

Nope, this is not a rant,...

half of it is simply untrue/unjustified.

what is untrue and unjustified? talk about yourself. I have reasons to believe this is not a fair charge update. You can feel whatever love for the product, that I am not trying to convince you.... but heyyy sorry for feel and think different than you.

But ey... I like to debate.. what is untrue of all I said? That it was abandoned? well.. that is not the right word. True. esim games didn't find the way to put the terrain engine in steelbeast, but with their words more or less... they didn't have the time to investigate very active over it for years, because they "had contracts to deal with their military contractors" (more or less) and hey after the long wait when it was promised in 4.0 to have the terrain mod for free, I paid for that update. In total as said I have left 190$ in Steelbeasts (don't ask what I have left in DCS because I have all the modules). For sure here people more than that... in any case I still think is not a fair update charge... so that makes me clear that this is not my type of game. That is all. So "move on" but man.. I have sometimes hopes to change things for better. In fact I work in the videogame industry becasue of that.

Edited by Japo32

• Members

Well, I'll be releasing the Release Notes for version 4.3 with the most comprehensive overview of new features, changes, and bug fixes possible in the days before the release. That will still give you enough time to study its content and still be able to play it on Release Day, if that's your ambition. But of course, you can always upgrade later, anytime.

If you want a roadmap for the years ahead, I don't think I can do that. There's too many uncaculables in that equation; besides, I don't like talking much about plans (except maybe in the most basic form). Rather, I like presenting actual accomplishments.

there is also a somewhat of a phenomenon that revealing plans can have a sabotaging effect on their completion, since somehow they remain plans or some kind of procrastination sets in (which kind of what looks like happens to a lot of varporware) it may be generally more effective to keep plans to oneself and announce them at some milestone of completion or near so in order to have a greater chance to actualize them.

• Members

Rest assured - we know what we want to do, and we have an idea how to get there. What we can't say is how much time certain steps will take, and what other things may get in the way. As you can imagine, events since Feb 24 have their profound ripple effects in government procurement all across NATO (and then some states who aren't NATO - yet). Such effects may force us to shift programming time from internal to customer projects.