Scenario

DavidRN

Hi There

Created a few missions for myself and thought I would give it a go creating one for the SB community, unfortunately time doesn't allow me to commit further to it as its got bigger and bigger than I expected.

Without giving too much away its .....

BACKGROUND:

Set in an African country (yet to be named), a former Danish colony the current (modern day) Danish government has still provided support to the current (yet to be named President), however, militants see the President as a puppet to Danish interests allowing Danish oil and mineral companies to exploit the region, although the militants commander (yet to be named) has not put forward any agenda or demands to Copenhagen.  Western spy agencies, have had no success in making contact with ...........   Denmark has sent a small contingent of forces to contain further militant action, as satellite images have revealed the militants  have setup a training area and command centre in the unnamed country's region (Dolo presently). (Unnamed country) army is in disarray some who support the militants and others who stand by their president.  Military equipment has been seized by the militants, aided by those in the army who support them.  France has provided support to Denmark providing armoured support from 1er Regiment de Chasseurs, as Frances president is concerned the militants will progress to neighbouring countries where France has vested interests. 

DENMARK:

2 x platoons Leopard 2A5-DK

2 x platoons CV 90/35-DK

2 x Piranha IIIC

2 x platoon Leclerc (the only part they play in the mission is a driving down a road, as they are retiring to the south ...I wanted to have Leclerc, they are computer controlled and blind)

All Danish and French callsigns set to real life units ...

Jydske Dragonregiment - Jutish Dragoons

I/JDR Armor Battalion,

II/JDR Armor Infantry Battalion

1er régiment de chasseurs

Supply, artillery, other things as required yet to be established.

MILITANTS:

T-72A m1 1982

TOW and Javelin ATGM (they were supplied by Western countries to the unnamed country)

Technical

IED's

All your usual other things you would expect

MISSION OBJECTIVES:

Neutralise militant leader (informer has reported to the Danish he is driving a blue sedan and will need to be taken out by TOW team, already established BP)

Neutralise all militants in the region

I chose the map carefully as I wanted an area (12 x 12) with valleys, I setup the enemy nicely in these valleys, there are two valleys, Rift and Jubba, and two roads nicknamed highways by me Brisbane and Adelaide Hwys, that run down the map I setup AI civilian traffic on these.

I hope one of the nice mission creators that have devoted so much of their time to the SB community may pick this up, no problem if not, and if you choose to have a look at it feel free to let me know its not good enough.

Regards

DavidRN

On 7/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, DavidRN said:

Hi There

Created a few missions for myself and thought I would give it a go creating one for the SB community, unfortunately time doesn't allow me to commit further to it as its got bigger and bigger than I expected.

Without giving too much away its .....

BACKGROUND:

Set in an African country (yet to be named), a former Danish colony the current (modern day) Danish government has still provided support to the current (yet to be named President), however, militants see the President as a puppet to Danish interests allowing Danish oil and mineral companies to exploit the region, although the militants commander (yet to be named) has not put forward any agenda or demands to Copenhagen.  Western spy agencies, have had no success in making contact with ...........   Denmark has sent a small contingent of forces to contain further militant action, as satellite images have revealed the militants  have setup a training area and command centre in the unnamed country's region (Dolo presently). (Unnamed country) army is in disarray some who support the militants and others who stand by their president.  Military equipment has been seized by the militants, aided by those in the army who support them.  France has provided support to Denmark providing armoured support from 1er Regiment de Chasseurs, as Frances president is concerned the militants will progress to neighbouring countries where France has vested interests. 

DENMARK:

2 x platoons Leopard 2A5-DK

2 x platoons CV 90/35-DK

2 x Piranha IIIC

2 x platoon Leclerc (the only part they play in the mission is a driving down a road, as they are retiring to the south ...I wanted to have Leclerc, they are computer controlled and blind)

All Danish and French callsigns set to real life units ...

Jydske Dragonregiment - Jutish Dragoons

I/JDR Armor Battalion,

II/JDR Armor Infantry Battalion

1er régiment de chasseurs

Supply, artillery, other things as required yet to be established.

MILITANTS:

T-72A m1 1982

TOW and Javelin ATGM (they were supplied by Western countries to the unnamed country)

Technical

IED's

All your usual other things you would expect

MISSION OBJECTIVES:

Neutralise militant leader (informer has reported to the Danish he is driving a blue sedan and will need to be taken out by TOW team, already established BP)

Neutralise all militants in the region

I chose the map carefully as I wanted an area (12 x 12) with valleys, I setup the enemy nicely in these valleys, there are two valleys, Rift and Jubba, and two roads nicknamed highways by me Brisbane and Adelaide Hwys, that run down the map I setup AI civilian traffic on these.

I hope one of the nice mission creators that have devoted so much of their time to the SB community may pick this up, no problem if not, and if you choose to have a look at it feel free to let me know its not good enough.

Regards

DavidRN

Say when if you need input beyond what the others can give you