Alrighty new folks...here's the deal

Hackworth

Okay, I've noticed a lot of you guys when playing Multiplayer decide to leave mid-game because a) you run out of units under your control or b) you are getting your ass whipped. Like not choosing "allow others to enter this unit" when selecting a unit in the Assembly Area, this is considered poor manners and taboo among most seasoned players in the community.

First, one side always gets its ass kicked -- that's just what happens. Kick back at your opponent, stick around to the bitter end and allow the victors to enjoy the process while making it as painful as possible for them. You would probably appreciate that courtesy as well. No one likes to end a mission successfully only to find no one was operating from the other side for the last 30 minutes, or 5 minutes, or 1 minute... Stay to the bitter end. Make it a painful victory for your opponent if at all possible.

Secondly, when you run out of units and your team can still fight back, i.e. has units, do not leave crying about your loss. Ask your teammates for units. They more than likely will give you at least one to control. This is not one of those games (yes, I said games) where people just sit silently by as you ask to get back into the mix (unless no one on your team likes you, or you Leroy Jenkins'ed yourself away of course -- even with an occasional Leroy move you will probably find grace among your teammates). Your team NEEDS you to continue playing. Don't be embarressed to ask for more goodies to push into the brawl. Leaving your teammates shorthanded of human players puts more stress on those who stay. It's probably one of the most selfish moves to leave a mission just because all your units are dead. Give back to the community; get in the fight once more! ;)

Oh, and this doesn't mean piss away all your units as soon as possible so you can piss away what is given to you later :D

Good post Hack.

I think it's very important to have as much human involvement in a scenario as possible because as we all know, the AI can do some pretty frustrating things if left alone too long.

I rather have someone lose half of my command and learn something from it the having the AI lose just as much and not learn a thing (at least not until the next update :)).

If people crash, and triggers are all gone, well thats a problem that e-sim needs to resolve.

As a rule the triggers are controlled by the CO A. If the CO leaves without notice, well then you got more than just uncontrolled units to deal with. :cul:

All good points though. We could ask that when new players join for the 1st couple of missions we ask then to follow the above, if not we hunt them down and make rodent meat out of them to please the keepers of the "List".:sonic:

As a house rule, players wanting to leave, should pass their units off, this will prevent units falling under people control without them knowing. If people crash, and triggers are all gone, well thats a problem that e-sim needs to resolve.

The triggers didn't pass when you left your vehicle. They had to kill CO/B to retrieve the triggers.

I guess another point would be: if you join a mission make sure you have time to complete it, or at least don't take a CO unit when you know you won't stick around for the duration.

oooooo he said rodent meat! yummy! I pray the keeper of the_List is satisfied with the succulent furry one!

Win of lose, i always stay to the end, there is always something to gain by following the battle to the end, and sometimes it can be fun to follow a team-mate when shit hit the fan. :men_ani:

Only times i left a game is when my system crash :Crash:, and i will never forgive my computer for that.

The triggers didn't pass when you left your vehicle. They had to kill CO/B to retrieve the triggers.

I guess another point would be: if you join a mission make sure you have time to complete it, or at least don't take a CO unit when you know you won't stick around for the duration.

oooooo he said rodent meat! yummy! I pray the keeper of the_List is satisfied with the succulent furry one!

Hack: a note here... GB didnt have CO/B from the begining, I gaved it (with the rest of B Coy/Sqn) after it have spawned, from begining he had 21E.

/KT

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity how are you guys hosting games? I’ve tried to set up HtH with a friend of mine to no success. When he brings his laptop over and ties into my connection we jive no problem. Yes I’ve tried all of the requisite corrections but nothing works; not even DMZ.

Anyways we are both getting confident enough to be able to come on board and get “blowed’ up real good”. I personally prefer the STRV122 only because of the sighting set up on the 120, i.e. being able to flip between normal and max magnification on the site when the TIS is on standby.

On a different subject, please tell me you gents aren’t going full military in the communications thru TS during game play and what I mean is I hope there is no mandatory saluting or some such.

Just out of curiosity how are you guys hosting games? I’ve tried to set up HtH with a friend of mine to no success. When he brings his laptop over and ties into my connection we jive no problem. Yes I’ve tried all of the requisite corrections but nothing works; not even DMZ.

Anyways we are both getting confident enough to be able to come on board and get “blowed’ up real good”. I personally prefer the STRV122 only because of the sighting set up on the 120, i.e. being able to flip between normal and max magnification on the site when the TIS is on standby.

On a different subject, please tell me you gents aren’t going full military in the communications thru TS during game play and what I mean is I hope there is no mandatory saluting or some such.

Sounds like an connection problem, SB is known for that when it comes to routers... :frown:

About TS: Ehm no, more like "heeey duuude" or similar, closest you get is that some VU(s) and some players use callsigns and correct way of speaking with "over" and "out", but thats not often you find that.

KT

Try removing the port number from the connecting puter. It shows where you below where you enter the IP

J

Well, I don't know any army that salutes over radio ;-)

But proper radio language helps a lot to make the com. moe efficient.

Well, I don't know any army that salutes over radio ;-)

But proper radio language helps a lot to make the com. moe efficient.

Alright then. I suppose that the ammount of persons per unit depends on the number of people involved. Is everyone using Lt. Default for MP?