Codemeter is working, but it showed up with a drive letter, sometimes freezing while in game

marky657

I noticied that the codemeter was showing up with a drive letter. I also noticed that during the game it was freezing and stalling for a few seconds or a minute occastionally. then It was resume. The green light on the stick was staying on longer like a thumb drive. Removed the drive letter with disk managment and I still have the same issue.

• Members

What color?

Anyway, other than updating the CM runtime (get it from here: https://www.wibu.com/us/support/user/downloads-user-software.html), it's time to whip out the diagnostic tool.

- Plug in the CM stick

- Open the Windows Start menu

- type "cmdu" to find CmDUST, the diagnostic utility

- Run it

- When done, it'll open a new window of the Windows File Explorer

- There, find "CmDust-Result.log"

- Attach that file to an email to me (my mail address is not very subtly hidden in my forum Avatar picture)

Well, I downloaded 7.40b which I already had done. Prior to installing it I checked the programs and noticed another version of the codemeter software. So there was two versions, one older. I uninstalled both of them, then reinstalled 7.40b. I ran a couple of tank range engagements, and it froze again, but this time for only a fraction of a second or so. One tank range it did nothing at all. Now you might think that it is a hardware/harddrive issue, which is possible, but I don't think so. I have never experienced this behavior before.