custom map not loading

Captain_Colossus

i am constructing a custom map based on the flat terrain hgt map (completely flat- no embankments or hills or rises other than a few created ramps), which has stopped loading in the mission editor, although it still loads in the map editor for editing. there is a section of the map which seems to be the culprit highlighted in the first image below; any other region outside of this area will load fine in the mission editor, but selecting this area as part of the map in the mission editor will cause steel beasts to freeze up at the point where the map is loading. while loading the map in the mission editor, a dialogue box gives the indication "creating map textures" and that is where the freeze occurs in the mission editor after all the other indicators have loaded. again, this portion of the map will still load in the map editor, although may chug a bit because of the density of structures, however, the strange bit here as a trouble shooting measure i deleted all buildings on the map, which has no effect, the map still fails to load in the mission editor if the highlighted portion of the map is included when loading in the mission editor (attached are screenshots of the affected area in the map editor, which will not load in the mission editor). if esim is interested, i can submit the map package for troubleshooting.

my machine:

Windows 10, 64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  

32 GB RAM;

custom map copy.jpg

SS_11_37_06.jpg

SS_11_37_11.jpg

SS_11_37_20.jpg

SS_11_37_51.jpg

SS_11_38_08.jpg

SS_11_38_30.jpg

• Members

The last entry is the Road Graph initialization. I suppose, if it's something there, a programmer would need to inspect it (but not now). The assertion failures don't exactly fill me with confidence either. Maybe the navmesh has become corrupt. Again, a programmer would need to inspect this (but not now).