4.357 Installer Posted

Sean

I must admit I had an emotional reaction to the new maps: Kiev, Severodonetsk, Kherson, Krematorsk....

The maps are amazing, true 1:1 representations of real life locations. I took a walk through Popasna with Google Maps up next to me, very well done :) Those maps alone really takes the simulation to a new level.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Badcat said:

Hey, folks since I have the 4.1 version I need to purchase the license for the 4.3 ver. correct? I installed the 4.3 version and it's telling me my dongle license is now invalid. 

Yes, you'll need this one: Upgrade License from version 4.1 - $40

2 minutes ago, Badcat said:

When I purchase the new license how does that update the dongle? Or is it just for the computer I am using for the sim?

Longer answer.

Assuming your current license is dongle based you'll get an email with a URL that updates the license information on the dongle. You can then take the dongle from Computer A to Computer B and as long as both have the software installed you can run it on either - since it looks to the Dongle for the license information.

Other people have time based licenses, which are less expensive but a locked to the given computer and not transferrable.

• Members
8 hours ago, Badcat said:

When I purchase the new license how does that update the dongle? Or is it just for the computer I am using for the sim?

You'll be sent an email with a code embedded in an URL. That's your "license ticket". Follow the link to the eSim Games WebDepot and activate your ticket. That activation process generates the license data and transfers them into your CM stick.

2 hours ago, EagleMountain_DK said:

Hi

Just to make sure so will I also need 4.1 -> 4.3 license when I'm running the 4.268 version?

/Mark

You'll need the previous license.

Usually the 4.3x license is added to whatever you already have (at least on the USB dongle).

You need to make a deliberate decision to remove a previous license.

• Members

Removing licenses from a CM stick is impossible (within practical limits) without help from eSim Games (and why would you want to do that?). I suppose with a sufficiently intense particle beam or intense gamma radiation it might be possible to erase a stick (and potentially irradiate it), but when it comes to everyday actions like file operations through the operating system, CM sticks are pretty robust against tampering attempts.