What do you like/love about SB Pro PE 4.3?

DanTDBV
Go to solution Solved by CalAB,

This is for what we like/love about SB Pro PE 4.3

I just love how you now can knock out individual wheels on cars and trucks.

I have made a shooting gallery scenario just to play with that and I'm giggling as a kid in a candy store.

SS_06_50_58.thumb.jpg.397541cd83852c53238a7dc2af247bc6.jpg

SS_06_51_17.thumb.jpg.734342c485b1a885183ac274c545806d.jpg

SS_06_52_31.thumb.jpg.8a589e7c6cee98df4f92c6f01f2f0787.jpg

Happy Simming

Edited by DanTDBV

I first played SB when it was SB 2.0 after running through it in the simulators at Fort Knox.  It was an amazing product then; I used it for training with my platoon several times at home station.  Good times.  I then upgraded with each iteration to 3.0, but didn't really play it much because it coincided with getting a wife and kids and getting out of the Army.  So stepping back into SB after 3.0 is like a different universe.  Graphics are amazing; infantry are dangerous: they may not kill you, but they'll still wreck you.  Urban combat is a nightmare.  Infantry actually enter defensive positions.  Drones can see all.  So many more vehicles.  The armor packages on vehicles is more comprehensive and much more what I would expect it to act like (%*#&$ T-80's)  Additional factions with adjustable relationships to each other.  And the AI gunnery is so much better.  Ammunition selection matters; I've actually spent a fair amount of time reading about different ammunition to get a feel for how it performs.  Customizable template for units.  Engineer units to preform engineering tasks like constructing obstacles, and fortifications (the bridging never quite worked right for me before).  I HAVE to spend time in the map view and bouncing around to different units; I can't win on "Driver right, FIRE!"

I realize a lot of these aren't changes from the 4.x versions, but it's still awesome.  At this point the only improvements I could possibly think of are a few additions in the control logic and C/C options.  

• Members

Steel Beasts has been a thing for 25 years, so maybe it might make it another 25, going by a simple heuristic. But I'm over 50 for some time now. I'm willing to work until I'm 70. Realistically, there's no way to predict what will happen after that. Will someone continue working on Steel Beasts? Will he be releasing public game versions of it?

Would love to see that happening, but it doesn't appear to be the most likely outcome.

• Solution

Time to start grooming your protege. Or better yet, start growing your clone. 

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Steel Beasts has been a thing for 25 years, so maybe it might make it another 25, going by a simple heuristic. But I'm over 50 for some time now. I'm willing to work until I'm 70. Realistically, there's no way to predict what will happen after that. Will someone continue working on Steel Beasts? Will he be releasing public game versions of it?

Would love to see that happening, but it doesn't appear to be the most likely outcome.

• Members

I'm not saying that there will ever be a point where Steel Beasts would be considered "done". I'm just saying, the day will come where the current team will stop working on it. It's inevitable. And there's no way to guarantee that whoever follows will share the current vision. Once that a hand-over has happened, my say in matters ends.

Being a  simple infantryman  I enjoy that there is now weapon pits ( trenches ) for the infantry.    Missile  Teams  don't appear to move to them.   I suspect the coding  was  not  trivial to enable   the construction of  trenches as all other simulations I see requires defences to be built up.

6 hours ago, Niner Two Two said:

Being a  simple infantryman  I enjoy that there is now weapon pits ( trenches ) for the infantry.    Missile  Teams  don't appear to move to them.   I suspect the coding  was  not  trivial to enable   the construction of  trenches as all other simulations I see requires defences to be built up.

Yes, there where some issues with crew served weapons in the trenches...so as a first remedi they where made to avoid them.

Can be fixed  hopefully