What do you like/love about SB Pro PE 4.3?

DanTDBV
Go to solution Solved by CalAB,

under the umbrella of the combined heat blur, destroyed textures and blown off doors and hatches on vehicles, it gives the impression of a much more polished product; sure there is nice content like new vehicles and my favorite, the infantry trenches, but overall my impression is there is more polish, including the missile flight characteristics; it might even be argued that the destroyed vehicles could fall more on the entertainment side than being necessary for pure training value, but it is appreciated nonetheless. it aids the illusion better

• 2 weeks later...

I have not gotten it yet, I will soon.

But I want to brag that I have been playing Steel Beasts since the early 2000s, purchased on a device called a "CD-ROM" at a place called a "Computer (or PC) Game Store". I even played with some of the vehicle textures.

It has come an amazing long way and I look forward to seeing 4.3 and beyond.

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

2A6M2 is a new model, so it's made to the latest standard if you will. The others will eventually too, when it's their turn in the facelift/maintenance cycle.

I saw your comment and wanted to check because I had not noticed that yet. What I quickly noticed is that (at least sometimes) the gunner sits too high. In the image provided below the gunner sits on the back rest of the gunner seat. 😁

SS_12_28_47.jpg

For reference the same situation inside the A4 with the gunner properly sitting in his seat.

SS_12_31_07.jpg

Not that that's something super important, I just realised it and thought I'd let you know.

Edited by Higgs

• Moderators

Regarding the Leopard 2A4 -- it will not get a 3D gunner until (if ever) it is updated. That is just the way it has to be, and there are other vehicles like that too. The older they are, the less likely they have a 3D crew, but they still have the invisible 3D crew "box" for damages, of course. 

The 2A7's gunner can be lowered in the interior of course. This is purely visual. Problem there being that the exterior and interior do not always 100% line up, so if the interior doesn't have its own offsets, then it will just appear in 3D space where the exterior gunner is (which is accurate, but often has to be nudged around to put the butt in the chair, but that isn't always remembered during development). 😑

3 hours ago, Volcano said:

Regarding the Leopard 2A4 -- it will not get a 3D gunner until (if ever) it is updated.

The 2A4 has a gunner as of 4.357. Evidence in the posts and pic above. 

It, the 2A6Ma2 and Leopardo2 have the gunner crewman modeled now. The 5's and the 6 don't, which is the odd thing since the 2A6Ma2 uses the 5/6 model and view for F7.

If I'm not mistaken (might be) the current 2A4 is of similar or older vintage than the 2A5's in SB.

• Moderators

Correct about the interior, I was referring to the 3D crewman on the exterior model, used for damage determination (which is only visible in the AAR impacts), which I guess no one was referring to. In that case, the exterior of the 2A4 would have to be updated (if ever) before a gunner would appear in those AAR impacts, but until that happens the gunner can still get damaged by the old invisible "crew boxes".

But I see what the point is now -- the 2A4's interior gunner is in the seat and the 2A6MA2 is not.  That should be an easy fix... 👍

EDIT: Actually it might not be, for technical reasons, but we will try.