SendOwl Notifications of New Steel Beasts version

Apocalypse 31

25 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

Sry, I'm a bit confused:

* I just downloaded the new version & I'm in 4.357 now

* I also received the same mails as Apocalypse 31 about an updated version

=> Should I download another version now ?

(guess not - just checking)

THX !

3 hours ago, DB101 said:

Thanks for the perfectly built T-72B3 model. But something still puzzles me. The buttons to the left of the TPD-K1 sight are only eye-candy, even though hovering the mouse over them will make the icon indicate that they are clickable. So is it a bug or just what it is in a real vehicle? I know in the B3 version, the TPD-K1 is only retained as a backup to the Sosna-U sight with many functions, like laser ranging, lead calculation etc, stripped. And one possible bug reporting. The type code of the sighting complex in the Gunner's handle reads 1A40-1, but I guess it should be 1A40-4. And the SB wiki manual for B3 says that rounds can not be unloaded once loaded into the main gun, but I think it's untrue. I refered sources from Tankograd/Soviet Armor blog. Not sure whether I post in the right place. But thanks in advance.

On real T-72B3   1A40-4 FCS retains all functions(LRF, electro-mechanical super-elevation-only ballistic computer, barrel wear and charge temperature compensation) except lead prediction, but it cannot be powered together with PNM Sosna-U.  And if 1A40 is powered down,   its LRF power, Delda-D and stabilizer switches should never ever be set to On (doing so IRL causes some funny effects like sluggish control or outright loss of AZ an EL control).

In Steel Beasts in its current iteration some limitations apply and 1A40 is modelled in powered down state, in which it  would not much different from telescopic auxiliary sight sight.

27 minutes ago, Koen said:

Sry, I'm a bit confused:

(guess not - just checking)

THX !

4.357 is a latest version, and you shouldn't doing anything if you already have it. Just notification about release was sent  bit too late for some reason :(

• Members
8 hours ago, Koen said:

Sry, I'm a bit confused:

You may want to open C:\Program Files\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Pro PE\Release

EXE_location.jpg

There, right-click the Steel Beasts executable file (SBProPE64cm.exe) and select "Properties"

Then have a look at the "Digital Signatures" tab, and click the button "Details". Check the time stamp of the signature. If it's 17:08:55, you have the latest version and you don't have to do anything. If it shows a time before noon of Friday 5th, you may want to uninstall just Steel Beasts (!) and then reinstall Steel Beasts 4.357 through the web installer.

Sig_Time.jpg

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

... Check the time stamp of the signature. If it's 17:08:55, you have the latest version and you don't have to do anything.

If it shows a time before noon of Friday 5th, you may want to uninstall just Steel Beasts (!) and then reinstall Steel Beasts 4.357 through the web installer ...

I'm having 05/08 15:08, so between 17:08:55 and noon of Friday 5th

So should I reinstall ?

Thx !

image.png.bf138ac8a835921fb3c89f8c11c55c79.png

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Then have a look at the "Digital Signatures" tab, and click the button "Details". Check the time stamp of the signature. If it's 17:08:55, you have the latest version and you don't have to do anything. If it shows a time before noon of Friday 5th, you may want to uninstall just Steel Beasts (!) and then reinstall Steel Beasts 4.357 through the web installer.

I'm going to assume that the Digital Signatures time scales with the time-zone on our computers, due to the minute and seconds syncing up exactly. 

image.png.c1a71502039414bf1792cae698fb1c42.png

• Members

Ugh.

I was hoping this was UTC, or at least fixed time at the programmer's location, but apparently digital signatures don't work that way, or at least not these. There's a file version 2.0.0.0 ... but this doesn't show in the Details tab of the Properties dialog.

So, I guess, in this case, Koen, I recommend a reinstall. I know of no other way how you could reliably identify which of the two versions 4.357 you have.