AI avoiding artillery

jppsx

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

Or you could rephrase the question. 

Or not. 

I'm not gonna devote brain power trying to decipher an unclear and strangely worded question. 

To be frank (not the name , to be clear for you),

creating a test with the AI (after the programmer's posting on how it works) , and assuring me ( which I disregard )   a test that has no human players to determine if a Plt of tanks , and static tanks I might add, would give the  result you are posting here will suffer same damage.

I'm saying human players can/should/will  take quick action on hearing/seeing arty on their location. What is known (as per the programmers post), Human players can give a different result, and can move at top speed upon hearing, or the first indication of arty on their position if they, and many do know how SB arty works..

You may create a hundred tests with the AI, its misleading when humans are able, and can differ the outcome. 

I suggested for a test with human players, you then assured me "it's the same", which means nothing, I have seen humans differ your "test" results, my statement ,again means nothing.......................thus the test with humans .

If your not capable/willing to conduct a reasonable test with humans and post to compare the results in damage, then, disregard devoting brain power trying to decipher an unclear and strangely worded . question.

Testing results comes from actions, not words from me, or you, and I know you know that.

The AI is good, but humans can react faster.

With all due respect. :)

1 hour ago, jppsx said:

I was using only 1 gun and adjust fire and a drone so ai just running away before he round land is lot more noticeable 

Replay and enter Ptl Ldrs tank, can you react quicker than the Ai? and what's the damage to the Ptl?

2 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

I suggested for a test with human players, you then assured me "it's the same", which means nothing, I have seen humans differ your "test" results, my statement ,again means nothing.......................thus the test with humans .

So again, if you disagree with my results do your own testing and post it. Breakthrough did. 

10 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

So again, if you disagree with my results do your own testing and post it. Breakthrough did. 

I did before posting. On 3 tests (small sample I know) got only comms damage on 2, expected due to being exposed antenna. AI worked as posted.

Options in the arty menu will increase likelihood of said destruction, top cover/in open/pattern, ect.

Options are within the users control to avoid a arty destroying your units when at the halt.

1. Don't stop in open ground if arty strike is possible

2. Don't adopt a linear formation so arty can use a linear strike pattern on you

3. Dispersion, wide is good, dividing Tp/Ptl into to 2 fire teams and increase width within is better

4.Have a escape route plotted, at top speed if using the Ai to control your unit, best to comd in lead unit as it increases reaction time

5. Employ a formation that will minimize tanks moving into formation quickly without them trying to sort them selves out , in short be prepared with proper escape formation 

6. Employ cover and concealment where possible. Now with UAV's this has increased the threat of being seen.

7. Remain buttoned up, in you tank, rdy to react to threat, in this case incoming sounds and impacts.

8. Practice this drill, in time your survivability will increase.

9. Know reaction time of arty, move before that time is reached when at the halt.

Posting this due to new people, and non mil personnel that may not know this. 

Moving on to other issues, enjoy the update, have fun, be kind  :)