unable to switch ammo type in centuro

jppsx

• Members

You can definitely do it from the gunner's seat now. Hit V afterwards to initiate the loading.

I agree though, it should be possible to command an ammo change from the CDR's position. If that can't be done, I suppose we'll have to file another bug report.

1 minute ago, Wolfseven said:

we'll I try again but everytime I try to double tap like it states in the manual it will not reload the new round I want. ins double tap nope not working,  DEL double tap nope not working

14 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Swapping chambered ammo is not possible with Centauro right now because of collision with some other functionality.

M1a1, and M1a2 not possible as the manual states otherwise. I have even tried rename the keys numpad1,2,3,4 i.e. and still will not change rounds out, I have to fire them first waste a round then reload the round I want.

Edited by Wolfseven

1 hour ago, Wolfseven said:

M1a1, and M1a2 not possible as the manual states otherwise. I have even tried rename the keys numpad1,2,3,4 i.e. and still will not change rounds out, I have to fire them first waste a round then reload the round I want.

I cannot reproduce this issue; if I'm double-tapping an  ammo selection key at TC's position, AI loader would change chambered round. And this would never work at M1's GNR position, unless  AI TC is disabled by whatever reason.

• Members

In any case, this report resulted in a number of new bug reports; yes, it's broken and shall be fixed. In the meantime, while you're in the Centauro or DF90, wait with loading the gun until you see a target. The doctrine of maximizing the volume of fire that dominates MBT related tactical thinking does not apply here. These are reconnaissance platforms that don't shoot unless necessary, and if so, in ambushes or shoot & scoot type of evasive maneuver.

14 hours ago, Jartsev said:

I cannot reproduce this issue; if I'm double-tapping an  ammo selection key at TC's position, AI loader would change chambered round. And this would never work at M1's GNR position, unless  AI TC is disabled by whatever reason.

ok I'm not in the TC position I'm in the gunner position trying to get the loader to change it out?

When the TC changes the ammo type mid target, I already have a AP round and TC yells out for Heat while Im in Gunner? Then what?

Edited by Wolfseven