CR2 HESH

CharlieB

Challenger 2 CE engagement.

Notoriously hard to hit stuff on the move with HESH but the ballistic solution seems to be routinely long.

The tell backs also indicate that the loader is selecting smoke and not HESH in the loaders control panel when HESH is loaded.

On the real vehicle the two do have a different ballistic solution but I don’t know if that is represented here, and therefore the cause of the problem.

could be my poor shooting. If that’s the case could the tell back be changed to HESH from SMK?

Thanks.

From my experience it tends to be long.  I can’t tell whether it’s indexing wrong or just showing wrong.

in real life Hesh is not great on the move and is a three round engagement normally. I don’t think we have the Hesh correction process either, but would have to check.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:50 AM, Volcano said:

Not sure what to say - the CR2 hasn't be changed in ages. Are you saying that when you fire HESH with CR2 it hits way short, as if it is indexing the ballistics for the WP round instead? 🤨

45 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

From my experience it tends to be long.  I can’t tell whether it’s indexing wrong or just showing wrong.

in real life Hesh is not great on the move and is a three round engagement normally. I don’t think we have the Hesh correction process either, but would have to check.

Um could it be that this observation is based on tank range or engagements where enemy is moving towards player? Isn't it so on tank range that Targets there tend to most often move in very slight angle towards the players vehicle?