leopard 2 emes button not working

Badger

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

when pressed it just flashes and doesn't go into that mode...

Which tank- Leo 2A4, 2A5, or some 2A6?

Which button exactly and on which station- TC or GNR?

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

TIS seems blurry

1)  TIS model was revised, and please note that  thermal camera in EMES is 1st gen, providing 100-something lines image resolution(per entire field of view!). E.g. it could not be crisp no matter of what, if upscaled to HD/Full HD of modern display

2) Use focus adjustment to improve image quality a bit

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Also laser return 1 and 3 keys aren't working either . 

By default only  joystick button 4 is assigned to 'Alt.range', so if you are using keyboard you need to open controls menu and  define appropriate hotkey there

fixed the emes issue...it doesn't like having emergency mode assigned to the same key...removed emergency mode and it now works. Not sure what alt range is supposed to do? is it a toggle for lrf returns? or something totally different? And shouldn't LRF return toggle key work as well?...it works on the M1A1,but not leopard.

Edited by Badger

4 hours ago, Badger said:

fixed the emes issue...it doesn't like having emergency mode assigned to the same key...removed emergency mode and it now works.

-Normal, Emergency and Manual modes should be assigned to separate hotkeys(see default assignments- [ , ] [ . ] and [ ' ] respectively)

-Leo 2A4 might need some time for initialization from manual to  normal mode, if  engine and turret power were turned off for some time (hence blinking warning light on EMES  control panel)

Not sure what alt range is supposed to do? is it a toggle for lrf returns? or something totally different? And shouldn't LRF return toggle key work as well?...it works on the M1A1,but not leopard.

-LRF of Leopard 2A4 has only 'last return' control logic, and there no way to select any other returns; this described in  respective tutorial mission

-LRF of Leo 2A5 and newer can use 1st return logic, but this is not some switch to toggle received returns, but a separate trigger to fire LRF with 1st return logic. And 'Alt.range' is this  trigger, which would fire LRF with 1st return logic. Unfortunately tutorial briefing might be not clear enough in this particular case.

So what your saying is "alt range" is by default lases in first return?...but when I press it it's in last return...by what its saying in lower left corner.

(2a5 and up)

edit...I "think" I know what's going on...joy 2 is remapped ....ctrl and joy 4 are on alt ranging and lase simultaneously...thus canceling first return...I think...

Edited by Badger

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

So what your saying is "alt range" is by default lases in first return?...but when I press it it's in last return...by what its saying in lower left corner.

(2a5 and up)

Yes, 'Alt . range' lases in 1st return exactly same time then you are pushing it, and should say 'Lase, LRF: Arm first return'. If you are pushing Ctrl or right-clicking, then LRF is fired with last return logic and you would see 'Lase, LRF: Arm last return' in left lower corner.

E.g. either you are  either have controls messed-up, or  trying to use  'Alt. range' as  a toggle switch