T-72M1 LRF Range Gates reversed.

3Star
Go to solution Solved by Jartsev,

I doubt I still have access to Bugzilla...

This is how the range gating is modelled in SB, and I have confirmed by experiment.
image.thumb.png.48884bca007a816683420be776625167.png

However, this is from the manual. (OK, from T-72A, but same difference)

The gating prevents ranges -under- those distances from being accepted, not over. Which makes more sense, as you would want to filter out minor obstructions like trees, fences, etc between you and them.

Also, what the devil is the button for the NSV-T optic? Alt-F3 just gives me the iron sights view.

Edited by 3Star

3 hours ago, 3Star said:

[...]

Also, what the devil is the button for the NSV-T optic? Alt-F3 just gives me the iron sights view.

Please check the tutorial video all the new features are there (the link will get right into the NSV-T features). Don't forget to check the other video of the mighty T-72B3. Can't stop playing with it 🤘 (the hidden DVD player is so great for relax between battles) 

Spoiler

the DVD player is not there 😇

Edited by Vikingo

• Solution

As far as I can see in v4.3XX, behavior of СТРОБ switch ('1200/1800' switch) matches description in vehicle and 1A40 FCS manuals, e.g. if switch is set to '1200'  returns less than 1200meters are rejected , and if set to '1800'- returns less than 1800meters are rejected. BTW, this logic is described in briefing for tutorial scenario covering LRF of T-72.

May be our wiki article needs to be updated; I need to check that, because it might contain description of original incorrect behavior, which was fixed in v.4.0 or 4.1...

Edit:

SB Wiki article fixed.

10 hours ago, Jartsev said:

As far as I can see in v4.3XX, behavior of СТРОБ switch ('1200/1800' switch) matches description in vehicle and 1A40 FCS manuals, e.g. if switch is set to '1200'  returns less than 1200meters are rejected , and if set to '1800'- returns less than 1800meters are rejected. BTW, this logic is described in briefing for tutorial scenario covering LRF of T-72.

May be our wiki article needs to be updated; I need to check that, because it might contain description of original incorrect behavior, which was fixed in v.4.0 or 4.1...

Edit:

SB Wiki article fixed.

Well, that was silly of me. When I was testing it out, it turned out that one of my 'test' targets was at about 800m, which of course the computer sets to as battlesight when it rejects a range. I took it as an accurate return.

So yes, it was just the wiki article was wrong.

Edited by 3Star