Map Download failed

F.T

29 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

o     Kiev East                               3627b1a9-a197-49e8-a738-59a0b49076b5

o     Kiev West                              8fd98b23-f3b7-45b4-b704-326aabb3aedb

o     Kramatorsk                           cc091848-e1cc-4156-a4c4-4e47e3b2c1f7

o     “Oksbøl Training Area”        7e0e7e2e-27c9-4aad-9a85-8974d8496cd5

o     Mykolaiev-Cherson              3407856e-3460-426f-84ed-acc914240844

o     Severodonetsk                      952710e5-3a55-4ae7-9fbc-634f2e841bd1

Download failed

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Members

I think I posted them before, but just in case:

Transfer_Logs_1.jpg

and then

Transfer_Logs_2.jpg

The "serviceLog" is also of interest. Both should be matching the time when your download actually failed (you need to check which version of these files it is; typically, it would be the one that contains an error entry about a failed download, and both files would be of the same day and a similar time stamp.

i think i have a related issue. i didn't see a message such as a 'map download failed' although i wasn't looking for it if it did; however i simply cannot open up any of the new maps in either the map editor or the mission editor; they show up in the published maps list, they just freeze when loading; the map packages are physically there in the directory taking up space. even more strange, i deleted one of the map packages in order to download again to troubleshoot, and the map package installer tells me that the map already is present, despite being deleted

Edited by Captain_Colossus

7 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

i think i have a related issue. i didn't see a message such as a 'map download failed' although i wasn't looking for it if it did; however i simply cannot open up any of the new maps in either the map editor or the mission editor; they show up in the published maps list, they just freeze when loading; the map packages are physically there in the directory taking up space. even more strange, i deleted one of the map packages in order to download again to troubleshoot, and the map package installer tells me that the map already is present, despite being deleted

Worth mentioning that these maps take a REALLY long time to load. One of them took around the five to seven minute mark for me. 

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Did you try to download multiple maps simultaneously?

I didn't download multiple maps at once. In fact, I couldn't use the tool to download any maps. This is the problem I encountered after upgrading 4.357.

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

What's shown in the log files of the Download Manager?

I tried it again today. It still failed.

Here is the contents of the log file.

[11:18:27,055] INFO : Version 55
[11:18:27,726] TRACE: Interprocess emulation folder: 'C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts Map Transfer Tools\IPC'
[11:18:27,726] INFO : MQ name: SB_00013964
[11:19:25,417] INFO : Download failed!

4.png

55 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I'll have to consult with a programmer who is currently on holiday. Will take a while, sorry.

It doesn't matter. I'm in no hurry. Something in the serviceLog file caught my eye. As shown below.

ERROR: Error moving package

ERROR: Failed to move package

• Members

You are using version 55, though ... right?

1 hour ago, F.T said:

ERROR: Error moving package

ERROR: Failed to move package

The transfer managers downloads the data into a temporary directory (%TEMP%, wherever that is on your system). Then it extracts the data, and finally moves them into the folder set in the registry as the destination for all map packages (as shown in Steel Beasts manin menu, Options, Filepaths). Since it is the move that failed, the question is whether there's enough disc space on the target drive, or if there are restrictions with respect to security settings (write access priveleges). These would be the first things I'd go and check.

20 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

You are using version 55, though ... right?

The transfer managers downloads the data into a temporary directory (%TEMP%, wherever that is on your system). Then it extracts the data, and finally moves them into the folder set in the registry as the destination for all map packages (as shown in Steel Beasts manin menu, Options, Filepaths). Since it is the move that failed, the question is whether there's enough disc space on the target drive, or if there are restrictions with respect to security settings (write access priveleges). These would be the first things I'd go and check.

Just like version 4.2, the map packages file path is custom. Disk space is sufficient.